Are we a G6 Program with P5 facilities and entitlement?

TGHusker

G6 or P5?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Totally agree. By performance the coaches I'd be looking at would be OC, QB, WR, and RB. The OC is Frost, he is obviously sticking around. And every time I rewatch a game, I like how it's been called more - guys just need to get it done. Lubick just got here, and I think we've seen slow improvement from the receivers this year. I think QB was a smaller part of the problem overall this year than people claim, although against Minnesota missing those throws was solely on the QB. I still don't see enough to can Verduzco just to bring in another QB whisperer though. And for RB, Held didn't have anyone healthy and teaching freshman RBs to pass block counts as time in Purgatory. Barring another mass exodus, we're going to have a lot of guys ready to take their experience into Spring and Fall camp and be much better players for it moving forward.

I wish our OC was our QB coach personally. Seems to make the most sense. Then you go grab a killer recruiter at the WR Coach role, OL Coach and regardless of your religious thoughts or beliefs Ron Brown is on the sidelines and is a fantastic coach. I honestly always forget he is part of the program and our best RBs over the last 20 years were under his mentorship. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wish our OC was our QB coach personally. Seems to make the most sense. Then you go grab a killer recruiter at the WR Coach role, OL Coach and regardless of your religious thoughts or beliefs Ron Brown is on the sidelines and is a fantastic coach. I honestly always forget he is part of the program and our best RBs over the last 20 years were under his mentorship. 

I'm old enough to remember when people clamored that we needed an actual QB coach and not just let the OC do it.

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

The Frost offense we were promised would not consider 21, 26, and 24 points enough to lose. If Frost made any indication that this was supposed to be a balanced football team maybe, but he's been clear for day one we want to dominate offensively and the defenses job is to get some turnovers. The defense has been good enough in every game outside of OSU and Illinois, and in both of those games the offense sucked too.

I just don't get your logic - wouldn't it also follow that if the defense sucks (or, in this case, is mediocre) the offense and Frost need to pick up the slack? Why does the buck stop with the defense when it's an offensive minded head coach who has made it clear the offense should be our calling card?

FWIW, I'm all in on Frost. But I don't understand the view that firing Chins fixes anything here. We averaged 4.7 yards per play against a defense that was allowing 7.7. The least they'd allowed was 5.4. The defense has not been the problem this year - they could have covered for more of the offensive issues if we had a pass rush, but they have been good enough to win most of our losses. 

Firing Chin does not fix anything.  But Frost is going to go soon and the new guy coming in is not going to keep any of Frost's assistants.  I personally liked it when we had 4 guys on the line charging toward the QB every play.  The pressure was palpable and it disrupted the opposing QB play.  Now they know they have all day and just sit back and relax and take their time picking our secondary apart.  I hope who ever replaces Chins goes back to the 4-3 defense.  Chins is an average DC at the P5 level and an above average coach at the G5 level.  He will eventually find himself working where he is most qualified.  Our D gets blown up by quality offenses like OSU every time with no end in sight.