***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

Not to mention that Toews had one of the turnovers that led to a goal; he really was pretty lousy last game. I think the thing missing from the Kucherov discussion was his cross check on Toews (I believe) shortly before the hit. Things are getting a bit chippy, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah Keumper could’ve been sharper but Avs were horrible in their D zone and were just plain out hustled all over the ice.

Finally got a little animosity working in this series. I’m still not sure I understand how the refs handle these things. 3 Lightning players jump one guy, nobody breaks it up quickly, so the one guy takes a swing and he gets the only penalty or they issue matching minors. What’s the guy supposed to do, take an a$$ kicking and just like it? I will say Toews hit on Kucherov was a bit intent to injurish.  He knew exactly what he was doing and that isn’t typical for Devon. Maybe he was making up for playing like crap the last couple games. Will be interesting to see if Kucherov or Point can play next game, as well as Kadri and Burakovsky.

I didn't think Toews hit was that bad at all.  He's trying to squeeze him and force him to the boards, and Kucherov lost his edge.  Happens all game, every game...just not always against a star player when he loses his balance awkwardly.

Kuemper gave up two softies... 1st one and 5th one that got him pulled.  Otherwise terrible plays by the Avs in their own zone.  Manson had a bad turnover, no idea what Rantanen was doing on the 2nd goal, and then leaving a guy uncovered in the high slot long enough for him to turn, find the puck, and sling it.  Would be nice if Kuemper could bail us out every now and again, but he's just not that guy.

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I didn't think Toews hit was that bad at all.  He's trying to squeeze him and force him to the boards, and Kucherov lost his edge.  Happens all game, every game...just not always against a star player when he loses his balance awkwardly.

Kuemper gave up two softies... 1st one and 5th one that got him pulled.  Otherwise terrible plays by the Avs in their own zone.  Manson had a bad turnover, no idea what Rantanen was doing on the 2nd goal, and then leaving a guy uncovered in the high slot long enough for him to turn, find the puck, and sling it.  Would be nice if Kuemper could bail us out every now and again, but he's just not that guy.

I like Toews, he makes a great D pair with Cale. I just thought it looked pretty questionable the way he pushed down on Kuch’s hip, which is sort of what caused him to lose his edge. A few of the commentators sure didn’t disagree with me. Not much to it if it happens somewhere else on the ice but a few feet off the boards makes that a lot more dangerous. I should prob give him the benefit of the doubt since he is far from a dirty player. Could’ve just been one of those things that happen or it could’ve been a little more intentional. Either way, Kucherov being out for a game or two sure wouldn’t hurt anything.

53 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I like Toews, he makes a great D pair with Cale. I just thought it looked pretty questionable the way he pushed down on Kuch’s hip, which is sort of what caused him to lose his edge. A few of the commentators sure didn’t disagree with me. Not much to it if it happens somewhere else on the ice but a few feet off the boards makes that a lot more dangerous. I should prob give him the benefit of the doubt since he is far from a dirty player. Could’ve just been one of those things that happen or it could’ve been a little more intentional. Either way, Kucherov being out for a game or two sure wouldn’t hurt anything.

We must listen to different commentators. In any case, hopefully kadri comes back and shores up the 2nd like. Compher had a rough game too. 

43 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

We must listen to different commentators. In any case, hopefully kadri comes back and shores up the 2nd like. Compher had a rough game too. 

I didn’t notice Compher being a standout liability as most everyone struggled quite a bit……except for blowing 3 golden opportunities to score.:facepalm:  If he was able to elevate any of those shots, they likely find net.

Avs take 3-1 series lead :koolaid2:

Kadri nets the game winner in OT, first game back since breaking his thumb on the dirty cheap shot from Kane in early June. Put it up there where momma hides the cookies.

I feel sorry for anyone who didn’t watch this game. Hockey, especially playoff hockey, is amazing.

21 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

What a phenomenal game! Looking forward to them hopefully finishing it tonight. It's been very cool working downtown, Avs fans have been everywhere. 

Hopefully they come out on fire and put it away in the 1st period.  I don’t think I can take anymore games like the last one.

Based on games 1 & 2, I can’t imagine how wild things will be downtown if they win tonight. I am excite.

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***