Biden's Tax Plan

Tax Poll  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Archy1221 said:

Silly that they define $400,000 a year as wealthy.

it can you get you ahead in the game, but I don’t see it as wealthy, especially if you live in a high cost of living area 

I mean it doesnt matter where you live in this country, you would be able to love VERY comfortably making $400,000 as long as you are living within your means.

Makes me think of this video I watched a few years back where it talks about an article from Business Insider stating that people need to make $190 million to keep their head above water living in NYC and then they start talking about so much unnecessary spending its unbeleivable. The point is making $400,000 or more should give you a very comfortable life anywhere you want to live. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean it doesnt matter where you live in this country, you would be able to love VERY comfortably making $400,000 as long as you are living within your means.

Makes me think of this video I watched a few years back where it talks about an article from Business Insider stating that people need to make $190 million to keep their head above water living in NYC and then they start talking about so much unnecessary spending its unbeleivable. The point is making $400,000 or more should give you a very comfortable life anywhere you want to live. 

I believe I’d said that two other times.  Having a comfortable life and being wealthy are two different things in my book.  Definitely can be considered the same for others though.  

although equating a BI article about people with $190 million and those making $400k seems a stretch. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I believe I’d said that two other times.  Having a comfortable life and being wealthy are two different things in my book.  Definitely can be considered the same for others though.  

although equating a BI article about people with $190 million and those making $400k seems a stretch. 

I wasnt equating. All i said was it reminded me of a video I watched of rich people thinking they need to make a certain anount of money to “keep their head above water” when they spend so much on unnecessary things. If you cant live off of $400,000 comfortably then youre probably spending outside of your means. But yes, being rich is subjective. Im sure people who make as much money as people in the video think someone making $400,000 is a peasant while someone making $30,000 a year thinks someone making $400,000 has it made. Not sure if society will ever reach a conclusion on what is considered wealthy. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I wasnt equating. All i said was it reminded me of a video I watched of rich people thinking they need to make a certain anount of money to “keep their head above water” when they spend so much on unnecessary things. If you cant live off of $400,000 comfortably then youre probably spending outside of your means. But yes, being rich is subjective. Im sure people who make as much money as people in the video think someone making $400,000 is a peasant while someone making $30,000 a year thinks someone making $400,000 has it made. Not sure if society will ever reach a conclusion on what is considered wealthy. 

Well said, sorry for miscommunication on my part 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I get if people like @JJ Husker directly have their livelihood impacted by some of these changes because of their specific business situations.

I can relate to @JJ Husker.  Our business benefited from Trump's tax cut and we would be negatively affected by reversing that.

So, on a personal note, I have mixed feelings.  My comments earlier were solely on an economics basis and financing the government.

• Plus1 1