SF/MR/BP/BC/FS/TO/BD Comparison (Article)

8 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

For starters, the defense seems to have become a strength for us again. With the addition of players more fitting the size profiles the staff wants, we will hopefully continue to be good on that side. The offense is a little more shaky but the hope is that larger receivers and lineman should help against the larger fronts seen across the Big Ten, especially our division. We need to rely on a steady running game more often but hopefully the offseason transfers will help Frost craft the offense to balance with the aggressive defense Chins wants to run.

I would not say our defense is a strength. 30 PPG is not good. I do agree it is better than our offense and special teams but those are not hard to beat. Describing the offense as a little shaky is being way too generous. The rest of what you say is what you would like to see but nothing pointing to positive signs with the staff 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I guess I'll trust his numbers, but he has Bob Devaney down for only two Tier One victories in his Husker career, and it's a stone cold fact Devaney had three in 1971 alone. 

"This analysis excludes bowl games as well and FCS opponents who do not have a SP+ rank. For brevity, losses and ties will be combined in the “loss” column."

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would not say our defense is a strength. 30 PPG is not good. I do agree it is better than our offense and special teams but those are not hard to beat. Describing the offense as a little shaky is being way too generous. The rest of what you say is what you would like to see but nothing pointing to positive signs with the staff 

The defense points per game has a direct correlation to how the offense and SP are performing. Several quick three and outs, poor punting and poor field position defensively set us up too often.

Agreed that shaky was a generous term. It’s March, a guy has to have hope. And true, my opinion but it helps not having a player needing a touch quota and also getting larger players in this league. Hope we use them correctly.

14 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

"This analysis excludes bowl games as well and FCS opponents who do not have a SP+ rank. For brevity, losses and ties will be combined in the “loss” column."

Wonder why he excluded bowl games, which would come at the end of the season and are designed to create the best possible match-ups.  They're also the games that create the only final rankings that matter. 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wonder why he excluded bowl games, which would come at the end of the season and are designed to create the best possible match-ups.  They're also the games that create the only final rankings that matter. 

Osborne's numbers would take a bit of a hit if you include bowl games, especially in that upper tier.