harrison beck

I'm crossing my fingers that NU jumps out to a massive lead against Louisiana Tech and Harrison gets to play most of the second half.

His maturity is great news. But is he completing passes?

On a side note though. I don't think Harrison will see any action in our first three games. If we are going to beat USC in LA we will need Taylor playing like a seasoned veteran. The backups will see plenty of action, especially our running backs and receivers, but at QB Zac needs every snap before we head into LA.

Normally we would see Harrison get plenty of action. But USC is a special game. If we win in LA it could set the tone for championship run.

but on the other hand leaving him in vs. nicholls state with a 35 point lead and he gets his acl torn from a rolling lineman..... ummmm not a good idea

I'm pretty sure that the weight he lost was mostly a beer belly. An ex-co-worker of mine used to buy him alcohol all the time last summer. He said one friday he bought him a bottle of vodka, then the next night he wanted him to buy something else...so I'm kinda hoping with this maturity comes less partying and more focus on football and school.

I'm pretty sure that the weight he lost was mostly a beer belly. An ex-co-worker of mine used to buy him alcohol all the time last summer. He said one friday he bought him a bottle of vodka, then the next night he wanted him to buy something else...so I'm kinda hoping with this maturity comes less partying and more focus on football and school.

Lets keep this on the DL... ;):lol:

I'm crossing my fingers that NU jumps out to a massive lead against Louisiana Tech and Harrison gets to play most of the second half.

His maturity is great news. But is he completing passes?

On a side note though. I don't think Harrison will see any action in our first three games. If we are going to beat USC in LA we will need Taylor playing like a seasoned veteran. The backups will see plenty of action, especially our running backs and receivers, but at QB Zac needs every snap before we head into LA.

Normally we would see Harrison get plenty of action. But USC is a special game. If we win in LA it could set the tone for championship run.

but on the other hand leaving him in vs. nicholls state with a 35 point lead and he gets his acl torn from a rolling lineman..... ummmm not a good idea

Injuries happen. Hopefully Zac will stay healthy for the entire season. But offenses tend to start slower than defenses. It takes a few games for offenses to hit their stride. From what the coaches have said there is a huge gap between Zac and Beck/Ganz so the backups certainly need the experience. And since Zac graduates at the end of this year we certainly need an experienced backup ready to take over. Although a torn ACL from a rolling lineman is always a risk, I don't think Callahan is overly concerned about it. At least to the point where he is willing to pull our starter when he still needs some seasoning. Once our offense is firing on all cylinders then we will see Beck get some meaningful snaps.

If Harrison gets in our first two games I'll be surprised if it's anymore than a token snap or two at the end of the game. Hopefully we will at least have the option of going to a backup QB. Harrison has certainly matured, and that will help. But we aren't going to find out if his arm or shoulder has completely healed until he gets under center and starts throwing completions.

Leadership is one of the important things for a QB to have, and I'm glad he is maturing and gaining respect of other players. Hopefully he will keep this dedication up with Witt coming in, and him getting increased playing time. I think by the end of the year he should be a confident player, with some good amounts of playing time. I also agree that this could be a Chase Daniles like situation. Put him in every fourth drive or something like that to get him some p.t. with him being able to throw some passes and work on his routes when the game isn't totally over.

Leadership is one of the important things for a QB to have, and I'm glad he is maturing and gaining respect of other players. Hopefully he will keep this dedication up with Witt coming in, and him getting increased playing time. I think by the end of the year he should be a confident player, with some good amounts of playing time. I also agree that this could be a Chase Daniles like situation. Put him in every fourth drive or something like that to get him some p.t. with him being able to throw some passes and work on his routes when the game isn't totally over.

Well today is the second day of practice so we should find out soon enough if Harrison's shoulder is healthy or not. If it is we should see quite a bit of him throughout the season.