Are there any good juco QB s

Who cares???????

We have Witt already comitted right now, lets not forget that and start pressing the panic button trying to get some 4-5 star guy to decommit and come to us. what kind of message would that send Witt??

Witt is going to be a stud, just wait. Lets start showing him a little respect and some love

No offense husker rob, but we need to bring in more than one recruit to play quarterback. After Taylor graduates, we will have three quartersback on the roster including Witt, In my opinion, we need at least five or six scholarship quarterbacks on our roster. If we are worried about Witt's feelings then we are pulling the same mistake that we about did with Beck.

lets get another juco qb with this years class and that brings it up to 4. I just dont think we need more than 1 HS qb per year.

there might just be a couple of diamonds in the rough out there.

there are 3 in state QB's right now that would love to come to NU and they were at the Elite Academy. 2 of them have fathers that are on staff at NU. dont need scholarships cause dad already gets free tuition for the family anyhow.

there are 3 in state QB's right now that would love to come to NU and they were at the Elite Academy. 2 of them have fathers that are on staff at NU. dont need scholarships cause dad already gets free tuition for the family anyhow.

Good point. That would be cool to see. A Nebraska kid coming to NU and playing in this new offense. Even if it is as a "walk on".

Short of cloning Zac Taylor - always possible - I don't think it's really a good idea to pull up a juco. Why take a junior coming up from the JC levels to play out two years of eligibility, when we've got a junior (or two) for next year, having spent two or three seasons already in this system?

I mean, aren't juco players supposed to plug serious gaps, and not to form the backbone of a team on? I'd rather entrust this offense to Joe Ganz for a couple of years, and then see how Witt and any other future QBs we take from high school are doing.

Good point. That would be cool to see. A Nebraska kid coming to NU and playing in this new offense. Even if it is as a "walk on".

I'd like to see that too. Homebrew talent :)

I heard a rumor that there will be a QB in Lincoln in a few days to join the team...don't know who or where he is from...and of course its just a rumor, but it would be nice to have a QB join the team coming in late after Beck leaving wouldn't it?

Wow...happened sooner than I expected. Rumor was true! GBR

Hopefully he will be here by this weekend, start to learn the offense, compete for the backup spot and then compete for the starting spot next year.  Just hope it doesn't turn out like another Jordan Adams.

I don't know for sure...but I have heard he is already in Lincoln.

According to one of the papers I read, he has to pass an oceanography lab on thursday to complete his associates degree, then will fly to lincoln. Did he visit the campus yet, or just gave an automatic yes w/o visiting.

Hopefully he will be here by this weekend, start to learn the offense, compete for the backup spot and then compete for the starting spot next year.  Just hope it doesn't turn out like another Jordan Adams.

I don't know for sure...but I have heard he is already in Lincoln.

According to one of the papers I read, he has to pass an oceanography lab on thursday to complete his associates degree, then will fly to lincoln. Did he visit the campus yet, or just gave an automatic yes w/o visiting.

I think he commited without the visit, but don't quote me on that.

Quarterback is the one position that we can't have enough talent. I would much rather see a long jam at QB than any other position. Our offense is one that needs a talented/smart quarterback to run and execute effeciently. The more quarterbacks we have, the better chance we have at finding that quarterback.