Civility; A Primer

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

I love that movie but I still have no idea how it got green lit.

"So, here me out, there is this kid who moves to a small town from Chicago and get this, he LOVES dancing"

- "okay, and?"

"And the town he moves to, get this, they have banned dancing!"

-"Okay, and"

"That is it, that is the movie, the kid fights for his right to dance, even though he is like 18 and a senior and leaving the town in about 4 months"

It was the 80s, man. 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, teachercd said:

I love that movie but I still have no idea how it got green lit.

"So, here me out, there is this kid who moves to a small town from Chicago and get this, he LOVES dancing"

- "okay, and?"

"And the town he moves to, get this, they have banned dancing!"

-"Okay, and"

"That is it, that is the movie, the kid fights for his right to dance, even though he is like 18 and a senior and leaving the town in about 4 months"

Hendersen, NE had their first prom in 1998/99.  And they had to go outside of city limits, I believe.

Don’t know if they played chicken with tractors at the dike though…

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Hendersen, NE had their first prom in 1998/99.  And they had to go outside of city limits, I believe.

Don’t know if they played chicken with tractors at the dike though…

Hahaha!

Chicken with tractors makes it legit!!!

Also, how was that prom because clearly you were there :)

On 7/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, teachercd said:

There is no chance that any of the hardcore posters in the PR actually talk to people in real life the way they post

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder what some people's daily life is like. Is it just every day spouting random nonsense that no one ever questions? "Dogs have three legs. What we think is their fourth leg is an unborn twin absorbed into their skeletal structure." 

And all your friends just nod and agree? In real life? No. That doesn't happen.

Literally no one I know would let me just spout rando nonsense without questioning it. The more outlandish it is, the more they're likely to call me on it. 

I can't imagine sports fans whose friends never debate things like who the best team of all time is, or the best running back, or the fact that the DH is an abomination.

Folks who apparently just agree with whatever sports take someone throws out over a few beers? No. Those people don't exist. Sports debates are as old as time. Same with politics. There isn't a bar in the world where people don't debate every opinion under the sun.

P&R is just sports debate about politics and religion. Everyone is welcome to have an opinion, but those opinions are going to be questioned, just like at the bar when you claim Bo Jackson is the best running back of all time.

• Plus1 1