Fordham Game Highlights

Mavric

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I read today that they moved Banks to LG because of the way Teddy played last Sat.  Wonder if they will make the move to replace Piper this week or next.

Banks had been working a lot at LG until Corcoran got hurt.  Then they moved him out.  Now that Corcoran is healthy, they moved him back inside.

But I agree I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Piper.  It might have been that way from the start if Corcoran wouldn't have been hurt.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I assume by no finish he means he made contact and his feet stopped. I've seen that quite a bit this year (I think from the same player). You gotta keep the feet chopping and driving for an effective run block. You can just hit and stand there. That's something they teach at the highschool level...

9 hours ago, Undone said:

Thing about that play above for me is Stepp is probably thinking "I gotta plough downhill as fast and hard as I can to just pick up the first down."

But if he had cut it outside and made their LB miss it's possibly a big run.

So Rob is flexing his football knowledge there about little things that the offensive linemen & tight end are doing wrong but to me it looks like maybe the RB could have done a bit better - and maybe would have it wasn't such an important down & distance scenario for what needed to be done.

Where's he going to go? Play Side LB is perfectly positioned for edge contain. The LBs played the run very well for Fordham and were quick enough to plug the running lanes (we we're just better athletically). Their LB corp was extremely well coaches in my opinion.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I assume by no finish he means he made contact and his feet stopped. I've seen that quite a bit this year (I think from the same player). You gotta keep the feet chopping and driving for an effective run block. You can just hit and stand there. That's something they teach at the highschool level...

9 hours ago, Undone said:

Thing about that play above for me is Stepp is probably thinking "I gotta plough downhill as fast and hard as I can to just pick up the first down."

But if he had cut it outside and made their LB miss it's possibly a big run.

So Rob is flexing his football knowledge there about little things that the offensive linemen & tight end are doing wrong but to me it looks like maybe the RB could have done a bit better - and maybe would have it wasn't such an important down & distance scenario for what needed to be done.

Where's he going to go? Play Side LB is perfectly positioned for edge contain. The LBs played the run very well for Fordham and were quick enough to plug the running lanes (we we're just better athletically). Their LB corp was extremely well coaches in my opinion.

damn. 
people who know football, know football. Rob is dead on in his assessment. So good…

he probly saw those mistakes right at the snap of the ball. Crystal clear and obvious to those who have watched hours upon hours of film. 
like I was saying when the RB doesn’t carry out his fake…all the details matter. All of them. 

17 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I read today that they moved Banks to LG because of the way Teddy played last Sat.  Wonder if they will make the move to replace Piper this week or next.

Apparently the word is Bando was going to start over Piper last week but then got sick.  Probably still not back up to full-go this week but we might see that next week.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently the word is Bando was going to start over Piper last week but then got sick.  Probably still not back up to full-go this week but we might see that next week.

interesting.  Yeah I think they need to do something.  He did have some nice plays but considering how much he struggled against Fordham it's time to try someone else out.  You want to have your best group ready for the OU game and on.  

• Plus1 1