NHL Fantasy Hockey League

admo

In the first 14 games completed so far this season, 8 teams (7 games) have scored 5 or more points. None of the goalies involved were pulled and replaced. The -5 points for a goalie giving up 5 or more might be a little too punitive considering games have tended to be higher scoring.  Not sure what options there are but 6 or 7 goals to trigger the minus 5 points might be better. JMO

7 hours ago, admo said:

@JJ Husker

It has been changed to ( -5 points ) for giving up 6 goals or more in a game.  Pretty sure your goalie won't do that too often.  Or you will soon replace him (strategy).

I think 6 will be better. In a real live hockey game you could replace the seive before all the damage was done. You can’t pull your goalie in the middle of a head to head fantasy game. The NHL is just a higher scoring game today than it was 10 years ago. I don’t think giving up 5 goals necessarily means your goalie had a bad outing. Maybe I watch too many Avs games where scoring 5 is not an aberration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

No you are right.  Penalty for 5 goals was just a quick initial thought.  Knew it needed to go a bit higher.  7 didn't seem to happen enough, so 6 is the sweet spot. 

It's fun when a hockey guy has an off night and you have to subtract points.  :lol:

I don’t disagree. But like last night there was a 7-6 game. If you had the winning goalie, +3 for the win but -5 for 6 goals, so -2 for winning a 1 point game. And the other poor bastard, -2 for the loss and -5 for 7 goals.

I don’t like goalies. Goalies are weird :lol: They’re kind of like the kickers of hockey but much more important.

• 2 weeks later...