1st impressions of Doc Sadler

Curious what some others 1st impressions of the Doc are. I listened to most of the presser, and to be honest wasnt thoroughly impressed. I know theres A LOT more to a coach than their public speaking abilities, but overall he came across butter-knife sharp to me.

Maybe thats why his players are said to play so hard for him - b/c of his disarming and unintimidating nature - just seems like a normal guy you'd see down at the Cracker Barrel, workin the skillet.

Maybe Im being a bit harsh, but I was just expecting someone a little smoother after hearing how 'he can recruit with ANYONE' etc. But as I said these are only superficial and very basic 1st impressions - Im sure hes a very capable coach and wish him the best of luck at the U.

thoughts?

He is just a very southern guy. I wasn't impressed either with his speech...but he did say some things that husker b-ball fans want to hear. He wants to get back to packin' the Devaney. I think that is important for fan support that it lacks so badly of. Almost all the posters over on HHC love the guy so I'm going to stick with him.

he sounds like a winner. a good coach with a good record playing at a very competitive level.

this isn't someone from a community college who might be a good coach... this is a good coach who has played against and beaten the best.

things may be looking-up of for nebraska b-ball.

I am impressed with his colorful personality. This is a guy with quite a sense of humor and I bet he is real tough -- no nonsense -- on the court. We haven't had a personality like this since Devaney. I know some have been critical of his speech, but I bet he can be very entertaining.

True, you do have to appreciate someone who wears their personality directly on their sleeve. No-nonsense like you said, and WYSIWYG.

I am impressed with his colorful personality. This is a guy with quite a sense of humor and I bet he is real tough -- no nonsense -- on the court. We haven't had a personality like this since Devaney. I know some have been critical of his speech, but I bet he can be very entertaining.

I've seen Coach Sadler described as a Southern Bob Devaney in a couple of articles.

I didnt even know about White.

Why was he going to leave?

I believe it was b/c an uncle(?) was an Assis Coach on Colliers squad who was recently let go, and he was a big reason he came to NU at all.

That is true, but his uncle actually told him to get his butt back to lincoln because he had been home in new york for too long. "Silk" Owens is his uncle and collier hired assistant coach. He isn't mad about having to leave, he understands thats just the way it is, but just the timing of it all was bad for him.