ESPN's Joe Schad Reports Keller is N!

Living in Phoenix, I also believe I heard he was elected captain of this year's team. This might dispel any thoughts of him not being a leader.

Yes he was a captain last year: link

Keller, a junior who started for the injured Walter in the Sun Bowl last season and re-established his grip on the job during pre-season camp, has been that good.

Walter's spot in the lineup wasn't even cold before his former teammates elected Keller a co-captain and he started slinging balls around the field like he'd been doing it for years.

Plain and simple, Keller has experience in D1 football, no other qb that NU has for next year can say the same. He also gets 1 full year to learn the playbook. It will be a plus to have a guy with game experience start next year. He has been in the pressure situations and already knows what to expect from defenses and how to read them at the D1 level! This will give us time to get our young qb's ready for 08.

I was bored a few mintues ago when I decided to see what some opposing teams thought about the Keller situation. I looked at the KSUcks and KU boards from scout. As expected, KSUcks tries flipping this around to be a negative. Doesn't surprise me, I mean it is KSU and they have bitter hate for us. Probably jealous, which is sad, but who cares we all hate them too(most of them :thumbs ) Then I went to see what the jayhawks had to say. They are blown away by look of their posts, they think he is a great pick-up.

your brain on crack (ksu board)

views from ones that are not on crack (ku board)

He's a cancer to the team - that's why he is no longer with the Devils. Do you all honestly believe the team (not the Coaches) recognized Rudy had more talent than Sam and therefore called a pow-wow to enlighten Dirk? The decision to remove him as the starter was not solely based on performance but more so on the performance enhancers he uses. I hope somebody in Lincoln has a Colombian connection. This guy does more "blow" than Pacino in Scarface. Good Luck.

Joe Schad was on 1620 earlier and chronicled the events as follows:

Friday Keller was named starting QB. Keller's parents came into town to celebrate. (He said they are seperating so one flew and the other drove.) Carpenter then threatened to transfer and the coach panicked. He called a players meeting and then decided to reverse his decision. As Keller's parents were on their way out of town both were called and said they were to meet with the coach. The coach told Keller and his parents of his decision to change to Carpenter. Keller was understanbly upset and put in motion his own transfer.

Schad also said there haven't been any confirmed reports of Keller having off the field problems.