Looking for clues: The Philosophy of Harry Heistand's School of Offensive Line

cheekygeek

I thought the most interesting part of Rhule's press conference yesterday was his mention of both he and Raiola subscribing to the Harry Heistand school of coaching O-Line.

(I'd love to know more about the "three schools" he referred to and how they differ from one another "like driving on the opposite side of the road"). 

But given how starved we are for information on what Rhule's 2023 Cornhuskers might look like, I thought it might be worth a thread on this little nugget: Harry Heistand.

You'll find him on camera for post-practice pressers, etc. if you search YouTube for his name.

It's worth remembering that we don't have Harry Heistand on our staff, but rather two students of Harry Heistand - but understanding him could still be instructive (and perhaps give the journalists some fodder for off-season questions for Rhule and Riaola).

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe Will Shields, probably the GOAT lineman in history, never ever had a penalty of any kind called on him.  He learned and mastered the Milt Tenopir method.  He produced great lines with all sorts of guys without any particular measurements etc.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/ShieWi00.htm

That is some Kim Jong-un level revisionist history there my friend. He had very few, but they exist. 

• 1 month later...