OG Micah Mazzccua -> Nebraska

Mavric

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I feel somewhat confident that all our transfers will be "walk-ons".

This makes a lot of sense. Honestly, I think it's a good way to use NIL resources.

I wonder if current scholarship players will also "walk on" in order to make the numbers work for tyke incoming recruiting class.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This makes a lot of sense. Honestly, I think it's a good way to use NIL resources.

I wonder if current scholarship players will also "walk on" in order to make the numbers work for tyke incoming recruiting class.

I kind of think that was the initial plan.  But apparently guys who originally came out of high school on scholarship (which is guaranteed for four years) can't go off scholarship and take a walk-on deal.

I'm not so sure that isn't why we "parted ways" with a couple of the commits originally in this class.  There were also a couple seniors who are coming back for an extra year so that could have been part of it as well.  But the impression I get was they were going to move a couple of guys off scholarships to NIL deals and found out that wasn't allowed.

• Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Micah Mazzccua -> Nebraska
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...