NFL 2023

Mavric

On 12/27/2023 at 6:58 PM, admo said:

I got Baltimore

I am leaning towards Phila vs Balt Super Bowl

KC Chiefs do not have it this year, which is crazy because I had them in the SB before the season started.  The magic, the cohesion, the luck, the fortitude and willfulness,... it's not their year this year.  They probably address the missing pieces in the off season.  And be back next year year and year after that, etc.

Dallas is good.  But they are really good at home in a dome, climate control facility and turf at home.  On the road, they are average.  Even though they pump up their chest and scream to the sky after every touchdown.  

I love Miami.  Dolphins fan.  But we are a year away, or two.  Or three.

Buffalo looks like the best team to compete against Baltimore.  That would be the best AFC championship matchup.  

Whoever comes out of the dust between SF, Phila, Dal will get in the SB.

Although I do like the Detroit Lions playing from behind or ahead.  The Lions have been a great story the last 2 years and an even better team.

And don't forget about the LA Rams and Stafford.  They have been ballin.  Both of these 2 "underdog" teams will make it very hard for anyone trying to get past them.

And also, it is good to see the Cleveland Browns winning and playing good again.  10-5 !  But we all know it's a great story and not a Super Bowl team. 

So there you have it.  Baltimore, Buffalo, Phila, SF.......  and mix in some Detroit, some KC, and some Dallas.  I mean, it really could be any of these teams that wins it all.  And no one could argue against it.

Going to be a great playoff this year and I cannot wait to see it unfold.  The story will be told, a champion will win, and there will be 2 teams playing great to win it all

I think the best two teams in each conference are Baltimore and San Fran as long as both are healthy. Both teams have the least amount of weaknesses.  

For the NFC, whichever team doesn't get the NFC East wildcard team in the second round will represent in the SB. Detroit, while it's a nice story, are paper lions that will get mauled by whoever they play in the second round, assuming the Lions even make it that far. Rams could pull an upset and make it interesting, but I don't think they are road warriors and capable of winning even two in a row on the road, let alone three. Dallas is well Dallas and will figure out a way to fall apart in January. Seahawks best chance for making the second round is getting Detroit in the first round, but that's about the only thing they will be able to do, if they make the playoffs at all. Nobody cares about the NFC South.

In the AFC, KC doesn't have the skill players outside of Kelce to be much of a threat. Miami does, but if they have to go to Baltimore of Buffalo (very small chance of going to Buffalo) in late January in that potential bad weather, I don't think they have the dudes up front to be able to play a ball control, dink and dunk, run the ball offense. Buffalo is bipolar, or should I say Josh Allen is. One game he looks like he could be an MVP, the next it looks like he's never played organized football. I don't think they can be consistent enough to win 3 games against good/great competition to make it to the SB. Brownies are a nice story, and while Flacco does have winning SB experience, it's the Brownies and Flacco. They aren't a legit threat either. Nobody cares about the AFC South.

Predictions:

Ravens vs 49ers, I just don't see anyone beating either of these teams when they are healthy. Yes, there's always the punchers chance in a one game, but both teams are good to great in all three phases and just come at you in waves and are relentless and physical. They just beat you down.

Ravens hosting the Lombardi, making other Harbaugh even more jealous and he takes the San Diego job.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Madcows said:

I think the best two teams in each conference are Baltimore and San Fran as long as both are healthy. Both teams have the least amount of weaknesses.  

For the NFC, whichever team doesn't get the NFC East wildcard team in the second round will represent in the SB. Detroit, while it's a nice story, are paper lions that will get mauled by whoever they play in the second round, assuming the Lions even make it that far. Rams could pull an upset and make it interesting, but I don't think they are road warriors and capable of winning even two in a row on the road, let alone three. Dallas is well Dallas and will figure out a way to fall apart in January. Seahawks best chance for making the second round is getting Detroit in the first round, but that's about the only thing they will be able to do, if they make the playoffs at all. Nobody cares about the NFC South.

In the AFC, KC doesn't have the skill players outside of Kelce to be much of a threat. Miami does, but if they have to go to Baltimore of Buffalo (very small chance of going to Buffalo) in late January in that potential bad weather, I don't think they have the dudes up front to be able to play a ball control, dink and dunk, run the ball offense. Buffalo is bipolar, or should I say Josh Allen is. One game he looks like he could be an MVP, the next it looks like he's never played organized football. I don't think they can be consistent enough to win 3 games against good/great competition to make it to the SB. Brownies are a nice story, and while Flacco does have winning SB experience, it's the Brownies and Flacco. They aren't a legit threat either. Nobody cares about the AFC South.

Predictions:

Ravens vs 49ers, I just don't see anyone beating either of these teams when they are healthy. Yes, there's always the punchers chance in a one game, but both teams are good to great in all three phases and just come at you in waves and are relentless and physical. They just beat you down.

Ravens hosting the Lombardi, making other Harbaugh even more jealous and he takes the San Diego job.

I agree about the Baltimore vs 49ers matchup right now.  They are the best. 

It's funny how things happen and you see the Super Bowl becomes the Bills vs LA Rams or Dallas.

By the way, I read both of these books when I was a kid

A1zEkCVFN3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

51URRfCVA5L._SY445_SX342_.jpg

• Plus1 1

Glad they won't renew those ticket holders.  Lots of people in Miami trying to sell and make money off tickets.  And it doesn't matter if you a visitor.

It's sad because this the best Miami Dolphins team we have had or seen in 3 decades.  

Y'all, the Dolphins are 11-5.  With a pretty exciting offense.  It has been sooo long to be this good and in this position.  Really love coach McDaniels getting us good again........it has been multiple decades of losing or being average at best.

It feels good RN for once. chuckleshuffle

Having said that, I think the AFC will come down to Baltimore and Buffalo.  

Even though I feel that KC and Miami will be part of the playoff mix,...... 

Balt... Buff.... KC... Mia......  AFC 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, admo said:

Y'all, the Dolphins are 11-5.  With a pretty exciting offense.  It has been sooo long to be this good and in this position.  Really love coach McDaniels getting us good again........it has been multiple decades of losing or being average at best.

It feels good RN for once. chuckleshuffle

Having said that, I think the AFC will come down to Baltimore and Buffalo.  

Even though I feel that KC and Miami will be part of the playoff mix,...... 

Balt... Buff.... KC... Mia......  AFC 

Enjoy it! Signed, a Broncos fan shaking my head at the stuff in the tweets above.

• Oh Yeah! 1

In the NFC, I got Phila

Not sold on SF..... because of the QB

NFC will be awesome too and between Phila... Dal... SF.... DET

Any combination between these 8 teams (NFC AFC) will be a great Super Bowl.

Excited to see how the top 2 teams get there !!!!!!

6 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

If I have lunch tomorrow and Luke Getsy is still on the Bears staff. I'm going to fit myself for cement shoes

Without a doubt.....Make the cement shoes for two.  And my coffin for 6'2"....  Chicago my NFC team for life, yo

• Oh Yeah! 1