2023/24 Outlook

16 hours ago, Comish said:

Hearing rumblings that Keita still not healthy yet

He is definitely still healing from his ankle surgery.  We probably won't need him until we start playing B1G teams.  Against most of the teams in our NC slate we should be able to use Mast/Allick/Gary as our 4/5 rotation.

CBS Sports released it's top 100+1 teams for 2023/24.  Nebraska at 75.  Penn State & Minnesota the only B1G teams not in it.

Purdue - 1

Michigan State - 11

Illinois - 18

Maryland - 23

Ohio State - 32

Wisconsin - 33

Northwestern - 43

Rutgers - 45

Indiana - 46

Michigan - 62

Iowa - 79

It's a big year for Fred Hoiberg, who probably will need to finish better than the 75th in the sport to be assured of holding on to his post. Hoiberg is 40-83 in four seasons and has 18 total wins in league play. Thankfully, he's got some sort of player in Keisei Tominaga, a 6-2 senior who could average north of 16 points. The Huskers had to go into the portal heavy, and due to that, a lot of questions still need to be answered with how much better this team can or will be from the group that was 149th in offensive efficiency a season ago.

Only NC teams in it are Creigton at 7, K State at 26 & Duquesne at 97

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Tominaga said it was pretty swollen but better today.  He said he's hoping to be available by the opening game vs. Lindenwood.  Not sure if Hoiberg has the same timeline.  But he sure thinks it'll be sooner rather than later.

They shouldn't need him for the first few games.  Better to make sure he's 100% than to rush back.

• TBH 2
  • 4 months later...

I've looked a couple of times to try to find where I said I'd take the under on 20 wins.  I can't seem to find it so maybe (hopefully for my sake) I just made that up.

But I will admit I was definitely wrong about this team coming into the season.

• Oh Yeah! 1