Keller

They've said Keller has had strange mechanics since day one. I'm not sure if they have tried to tinker with it.

I remember hearing about his awkward throwing motion last year. I noticied it immediately in the first game. Very short wind up and quick release with a short/choppy step. When someone is 24 and has had the same throwing motion for years...no use in working on it now. Only...the results need to improve...regardless of what it looks like.

Thing that sucks is when he isn't overthrowing the receivers (by 10 yards... :wtf ) the receivers are dropping it. They need to get in sync....preferably this week!!!!

One thing that has caught my eye is how he changes his passes. He lofts some passes down field on certain passes, and then on the exact same route, he will rifle it down field. Maybe he does it to beat the defense or something, but it seems to me that the recievers might have a tough time with the timing aspect if it is always going to be a different type of throw.

One thing that has caught my eye is how he changes his passes. He lofts some passes down field on certain passes, and then on the exact same route, he will rifle it down field. Maybe he does it to beat the defense or something, but it seems to me that the recievers might have a tough time with the timing aspect if it is always going to be a different type of throw.

I agree you get used to the arc of the ball being thrown your way and you can tell what your QB is going to do and anticipate it, but when he changes it all the time you would get confused.

It's too soon to tell. Sam completed 58% of his passes against Wake, and would have been up around 70% if it wasn't for the dropped passes. Plus he was out of the game for a year and a half, he's also going to need another game or so to get back into his rhythm. Against Nevada we ran the ball three quarters of the time. Against Wake we ran the ball over twice as much as we passed.

By the time we get to conference play Keller will be fine.

He doesn't have another game or two. USC will be here Saturday night.

It's too soon to tell. Sam completed 58% of his passes against Wake, and would have been up around 70% if it wasn't for the dropped passes. Plus he was out of the game for a year and a half, he's also going to need another game or so to get back into his rhythm. Against Nevada we ran the ball three quarters of the time. Against Wake we ran the ball over twice as much as we passed.

Win or lose, the USC game has little impact in the conference race.

I think some bootleg action is in order. A very slow UCLA QB ran up and down the field on a very talented USC defense last year. Let Sam get out in space and run if need to. No Ganz because they would know he would run cause well frankly thats all he has done and they would key in on that.

turn up brightess on video and believe :corndance

You hit the nail on the head. People seem to think that this game is a make it or break it game for NU. It is not. The reasonable goals for this year are to repeat as B12 north champs and hopefully finish the season ranked. The USC game has no bearing on the former. On the latter, well no one (except some Husker faithful who would expect the "Skers to beat the NE Patriots) expects a victory against the #1 team in the nation. A loss to USC will not (in and of itself) be the determining factor as to wheteher NU finishes ranked.

He floats his passes too much. When he needs to zip it in, it seems to either be very loopy( not on a line) or five yards over everyones head.

Maybe the lack of playtime has affected his throwing motion, timing ect.

I do think he will get it together, hopefully soon. Real soon.

I thought the goal was to get back to competing for National Championships. I guess we have fallen so far that winning the north is enough.

You hit the nail on the head. People seem to think that this game is a make it or break it game for NU. It is not. The reasonable goals for this year are to repeat as B12 north champs and hopefully finish the season ranked. The USC game has no bearing on the former. On the latter, well no one (except some Husker faithful who would expect the "Skers to beat the NE Patriots) expects a victory against the #1 team in the nation. A loss to USC will not (in and of itself) be the determining factor as to wheteher NU finishes ranked.

You have settled for Mediocracy. Your Goals for the Team is what they already did last year.

I saw the WF game on TV, but haven't looked at the Nevada DVD yet. Based on what I saw, Sam had an inconsistant game on Sat..... BUT our receivers dropped way to many passes that were catchable. Purify is the most consistant receiver we have. It baffles me that the TE's don't get more passes (JD Phillips dropped a crucial pass, but Sean Hill caught a nice TD). Would also like to see Niles Paul get chance to prove himself this year.

Overall I think Sam will get better during the year as our receivers improve on catching the ball. Zac Taylor had some "off games" if my memory is correct.

I thought the goal was to get back to competing for National Championships. I guess we have fallen so far that winning the north is enough.

It is. While beating USC helps in the national picture, it doesn't necessarily help get NU to a BCS game. NU has to win the North and win the Big 12. No matter how much that is a "lame" goal, it's a necessary one. Can't be Big 12 champs without being North champs.

Maybe you can explain to all of us how NU can win a BCS title without winning the North and winning the Big 12?

I saw the WF game on TV, but haven't looked at the Nevada DVD yet. Based on what I saw, Sam had an inconsistant game on Sat..... BUT our receivers dropped way to many passes that were catchable. Purify is the most consistant receiver we have. It baffles me that the TE's don't get more passes (JD Phillips dropped a crucial pass, but Sean Hill caught a nice TD). Would also like to see Niles Paul get chance to prove himself this year.

Overall I think Sam will get better during the year as our receivers improve on catching the ball. Zac Taylor had some "off games" if my memory is correct.

He looked very frustrated and to put it all on him is unfair. It was several things that made our O sputter at times not just him.

gotta agree with CoachKevin here. we won the North last year. this year is needing to get to a BCS game if not the national championship. winning the Big XII would be important as well, but we can worry about that when it's conference time. as for now, we need to worry bout top-ranked USC and beating them will definitely get us a spot in a BCS game.