#1 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Anybody watch this show?

I'm a big fan, last few episodes have been kind of off but its still pretty awesome. Check it out if you've never seen it!

#teamdexel

#2 Ziebol the Red

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Definitely a great show this season started off strong last episode kinda was lame but I'm about to watch tonights episode in a little.
Posted Image

#3 Redman

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

The show kicks @ss.....

Posted Image

StrangeBrew-Still2.jpg

#4 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

DOUBLE TAP OH YEAH

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/page/huskerboard_rules.html      

#5 Chaddyboxer

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

I love it! I miss some of the episodes though b/c of work....

#6 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I love it! I miss some of the episodes though b/c of work....

Didn't someone say if you have netflix they have the newest ones or something? AMC also replays it a ton too, catch up!

#teamdexel

#7 simplekin

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

Love it! One of my favorites on TV at the moment. That, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and of course, Eastbound and Down.
Posted Image

#8 wildman

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

awesome show, unfortunately I missed the first season but have dvr'd all of season 2 so far.

Posted Image

#9 BigRedPowerWagon

Assistant Coach

• Banned
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

Im pissed at the ending of the last episode. I know its funny but it makes me think of how people would really act if they were desperate to save there own life, even if that person just saved yours. I would of put my last bullet in his f'ing lung if he did that sh#t to me.

And you say I'm a prick? You say I'm a prick?
You know, maybe I am,
but you ask the average person, when death comes knocking at their door...
whether they want a prick on their side or some kindergarten teacher...
who's gonna kiss their a**!
Because when that day comes I want the prick...
and so will you.

#10 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Im pissed at the ending of the last episode. I know its funny but it makes me think of how people would really act if they were desperate to save there own life, even if that person just saved yours. I would of put my last bullet in his f'ing lung if he did that sh#t to me.

haha dude me too. I ended up watching the rerun and that "Talking dead" show because I felt like I'd missed something...

#teamdexel

#11 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Ah this episode's dumb. Shouldn't add love to the story just more gore and violence chuckleshuffle

#teamdexel

#12 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

On a side note, Hell on Wheels may turn out to be even more awesome than the Walking Dead. I'm loving this premiere.

#teamdexel

#13 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

The pilot was awesome but its been all downhill from there.

At this point, it is a soap opera with the occasional zombie. The plot has more holes than a sieve. Every single character is unlikeable and the acting is terrible. Its too bad, too, because from the way it started, this show had a lot of potential.

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#14 BigRedPowerWagon

Assistant Coach

• Banned
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

Yea, what the hell is up with the love triangle. And what the hell is up with the sex. You dont f#*k in the zombie appocaplyse, im more worried about my own ass then gettin a piece of it. Not that she wasnt sexy but still.

You know, maybe I am,
and so will you.

#15 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

The first season was great, but the second season has been stretched a little too thin on content so far.

This has everything to do with the showrunner being forced out by AMC, as well as AMC severely cutting the program's budget (thanks to Mad Men's demands) and doubling the episode order for this season. Similar issues and problems have been inflicted on future Breaking Bad seasons (perhaps the best show on TV currently).

Ultimately, AMC screwed up something fierce, and they're putting the cost-cutting onus on the other AMC shows.
"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#16 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hell on Wheels was pretty sweet last night too. I have hopes for that show, hopefully it goes the Breaking Bad route and not the Walking Dead route

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#17 Enhance89

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

If anybody is having trouble accessing shows or wants to see some, I know of a free website that has updated tv shows almost instantly after they air. The website also has access to thousands of movies, often before they're released on dvd. You can download them straight to your computer or stream them over the internet. I know several people who have been using it for years. No viruses - no problems. If you want to know about it, message me and I can give you the details.

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#18 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Well then, that was another weird episode. Compelling ending though.

#teamdexel

#19 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well then, that was another weird episode. Compelling ending though.

As soom as he was heading out there I turned to my wife and told her what was going to happen and I was right. I'm kind of know what might happen next week but we'll see.

#20 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

They keep using the same plot devices....its getting old.

#teamdexel

#21 BigRedPowerWagon

Assistant Coach

• Banned
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I might of banged her with the zombies around. Would of been exciting. I know i said no sex in the zombie appoclypse but if you know where they are then its ok right.

You know, maybe I am,
and so will you.

#22 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I was disappointed with the last few episodes and really this season as a whole but the end of this episode was pretty damn good.

#teamdexel

#23 HSKR

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

I've always hated zombie shows but actually like this one a lot. I think it has to do the survivalist aspect of the show, that always gets me watching. I agree the first season was better but I still watch. AMC has put on some good shows lately. I do like the new Hell on Wheels show as well.

#24 BigRedPowerWagon

Assistant Coach

• Banned
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

If i saw how cookey that one guy was acting id take my shotgun pick a car and get the hell out of there. Its bed enough to have zombies wanting you dead but that guy has lost all sense of anything normal.

You know, maybe I am,
and so will you.

#25 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,692 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

The end of last night's episode was pretty powerful IMO.

Interesting note: The next episode (which airs February 12, 2012) is titled "Nebraska"

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#26 Treand3

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

The end of last night's episode was pretty powerful IMO.

Interesting note: The next episode (which airs February 12, 2012) is titled "Nebraska"

Indeed it was.

#27 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Ugh. After the revelation and subsequent actions taken in last night's mid-season finale (not saying as they're massive spoilers), it's made all of the episodes past #2 so far a waste of time and energy. We already knew that Shane was/is a flaming douchebag--we didn't need six episodes for him to delve into complete asshattery, when it was entirely believable he would do so after one.

And AMC (and other cable outlets), seriously--enough with putting shows on hiatus, folks--pretty soon, we'll have quarter-season finales (like what ScFy did to Eureka...until they decided to kill their second best show, ratings-wise, because they didn't want to pay.)

Also, if you've read the graphic novel compilations or comic books this series is based on, it's easy to see what kind of arc they're taking with Shane and who will ultimately do him in. The question is why they haven't done it already, as his character is a drain on the series as a whole.
"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#28 308_Husker

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Ugh. After the revelation and subsequent actions taken in last night's mid-season finale (not saying as they're massive spoilers), it's made all of the episodes past #2 so far a waste of time and energy. We already knew that Shane was/is a flaming douchebag--we didn't need six episodes for him to delve into complete asshattery, when it was entirely believable he would do so after one.

And AMC (and other cable outlets), seriously--enough with putting shows on hiatus, folks--pretty soon, we'll have quarter-season finales (like what ScFy did to Eureka...until they decided to kill their second best show, ratings-wise, because they didn't want to pay.)

Also, if you've read the graphic novel compilations or comic books this series is based on, it's easy to see what kind of arc they're taking with Shane and who will ultimately do him in. The question is why they haven't done it already, as his character is a drain on the series as a whole.

While Shane is the character that creates the most tension, I think that seeing the slow degradation of his mental state was interesting--and this came to a head during this episode. He's confronts Dale in the swamp, who says that he's fit for this type of world. I thought those words echoed all throughout the entire season because it proved that Shane was right about most things. Herschel was delusional, Sofia wasn't alive, Andrea did need to 'woman' up, and Lori's baby is probably his.

Shane only seems like a flaming douchebag because he's so aggressive and will do anything he can to survive. He got their guns back, forced Rick and Herschel to realize the truth what they were doing and he refused for them to stay in denial. Releasing the walkers was calculated--there were 5 armed people waiting for them to come out--the walkers stood no chance, but more importantly, there was no more discussion about what to do with them. Diplomacy fails when negotiating with madness. Shane took decisive action, but in an unhinged, nutty way.

As far as the parallel between the show and the graphic novel, I'm halfway led to believe that they are deviating from the novel's storyline since, as you said, they haven't done him in yet. We have seen the Herschel storyline come forward, but the Shane storyline has been interesting to see as the series plays out.

#29 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Didn't they deviate from the comics pretty early on? I wouldn't know because I've only read a few here and there but the ones I have read don't resemble this story very closely.

#teamdexel

#30 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,692 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

For those of you that have read or are reading the books, do you know of a place to get them for fairly cheap? I've looked around at a few places but nothing really excites me as far as the price.

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#31 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

They're expensive, the few I've read have been lent or found on the internet for free...

#teamdexel

#32 308_Husker

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

You can download them in PDF format as torrents. That's what I did, because they are expensive as Badgerfan said.

They've deviated a little bit from some storylines(sometimes don't expound on something, or completely leave others out), but most importantly-and I don't think most people that watch this show realize--there are some comics where there are no zombies at all in the episode.This leads to better character development as the people have internal struggles and issues of characters. Robert Kirckman, who created the comic, said that the episode was about the people and their struggles, but used the zombies as the medium that which survival is the struggle. Not seeing as many zombie scenes in the last couple of episodes led me to believe that they were trying to better develop their characters, because it's hard to have well-developed characters with everything you have to pack in to 45 minutes of screen time.

#33 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

You can download them in PDF format as torrents. That's what I did, because they are expensive as Badgerfan said.

They've deviated a little bit from some storylines(sometimes don't expound on something, or completely leave others out), but most importantly-and I don't think most people that watch this show realize--there are some comics where there are no zombies at all in the episode.This leads to better character development as the people have internal struggles and issues of characters. Robert Kirckman, who created the comic, said that the episode was about the people and their struggles, but used the zombies as the medium that which survival is the struggle. Not seeing as many zombie scenes in the last couple of episodes led me to believe that they were trying to better develop their characters, because it's hard to have well-developed characters with everything you have to pack in to 45 minutes of screen time.

No, the lack of zombies is merely a product of the show's low budget. They have no choice to make it a soap opera.

lol @ last night's ep being "powerful" ...basically it was the story of everyone being an idiot except Shane. Who the writers have actually made into the villain. Well done.

#34 hskerholic

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

No, the lack of zombies is merely a product of the show's low budget. They have no choice to make it a soap opera.

lol @ last night's ep being "powerful" ...basically it was the story of everyone being an idiot except Shane. Who the writers have actually made into the villain. Well done.

You must not have read the books. Shane is the one of the villains in these books! They didn't make him the villain they are following the story line of those not closely but enought to show where things are going!

#35 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Some of us *cough ME cough* aren't so savy with torrents so maybe you could share your knowledge. I've only found one or two issues you can read online for free....

#teamdexel

#36 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

You must not have read the books. Shane is the one of the villains in these books! They didn't make him the villain they are following the story line of those not closely but enought to show where things are going!

In the comics, Rick was also a badass, not a bumbling, wrong-decision-at-every-turn pu&&y. They have managed to make Shane the only character capable of acting reasonable given the circumstances, as well as being the villain. Just saying, its way contradictive. As for the rest of the show I could spend a half hour each week just pointing out plot holes and inconsistencies and the like. Its like the writers aren't even trying.

#37 charism4

Scout Team

• Members2
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

I need to get started on Season 2!! Can't wait...

#38 Chaddyboxer

Head Coach

• Banned
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Currently, I have the first season on DVD.....I am definitely getting my hands on the second season!! I heard the second season faced some big budget cuts, but I've heard good things and from what I've seen, I'm impressed!

#39 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Prepare to be underwhelmed guys...

#teamdexel

#40 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

This season has rocked. They're killing everybody off. Bravo Walking Dead, well done.

Question for those that have been watching...so are the rules different now? Does everyone turn into a zombie after they die? Bitten or not?

#teamdexel

#41 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Not if you get a double tap to the head :) just sayin' One of the shows that thought that maybe it wasn't just transmitted by a bite; more of a mention in passing ahh damn I don't remember and didn't record this season. :(

.45ACP accept no substitute :D

but a .357 will do in a pinch or 9mm or .40 or .22 hell any firearm if you can hit a moving target will work :D

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

#42 nhuskers5

Backup

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

This season has rocked. They're killing everybody off. Bravo Walking Dead, well done.

Question for those that have been watching...so are the rules different now? Does everyone turn into a zombie after they die? Bitten or not?

Your first thirty posts in this forum have complained about this season, now you show up and say it's rocked? Fairweather, much?

Ever since the "Nebraska" episode, I've felt like they've really got there stuff together, and this next episode looks pretty freaking legit

#43 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Wow, pretty intense.

The previous mention of how the walker syndrome was transmitted is being updated. Rick and Shane looked at the two Deputies they discovered in the "fight" episode; that were zombied without visible bites. And after last nights episode; it has not been explained further. CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT FOR NEXT SUNDAY'S SHOW. but I will. :D

GBR

Posted Image

#44 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

The previous episode when Shane was trapped in the bus...he cut his hand to place the blood next to the opening door to distract the zombies. Didn't he then use the knife to head shot one?...then reused the knife to transfer blood again to the door frame?

j6xtuTK.png

#45 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Legend

• Members
  • 16,013 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

We're either now at the point where the virus is airborne and everyone is infected (but it lies inactive and dormant until death), or that those who come back as walkers without being bit were infected by it entering their bloodstream through cuts and scratches.

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

#46 It'sNotAFakeID

Wizard of Osborne

• Mods
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think everyone has it, but they just don't show it until they are dead. Chances are, if they had not have killed Dale two episodes ago, he would have turned into a walker as well.

#47 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

:yeah and then :flush

Posted Image

#48 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I'm thinking about going out to Barnes and Noble to buy the books, I know they're graphic novels but you can buy the books where each book has 24 graphic novels all in one book.

#49 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well said

Every good Movie and TV Show needs character development to actually make us care about the characters.

#50 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

The thing about taking the time for character development, though, is that every single bit of character development is GODAWFUL. Forced, awkward, not fitting into the plot, strange dialogue, nonsensical actions (Glen and Andrea fixing the RV, are you f'ing kidding me lolol), it is absolutely ridiculous.

If you're gonna take 35 minutes out of a 40 minute show for character development, then you better f'ing actually do some meaningful character development. We get it Shane and Rick hate each other, Lori is a bitch, Glen is a dumb pu&&y, T-Dog is the token black guy, and Dale is an annoying old f#*k who holds the whole group back. See, I just summed up the show. And Carl is a whiny little brat who never listens to his parents. If I had a dollar for every time a character told Carl to go back to the house...

See, its this sh#t. Its the reason why we don't need any more retarded character interactions anymore. Nothing EVER happens. Until the last couple episodes at least. Finally.

Character development. I get it. How about you take a page from the Deadwood or Breaking Bad book and develop the characters THROUGH THEIR ACTIONS AND THROUGH THE WAY THEY REACT TO (AND CREATE) PLOT DEVELOPMENTS! I don't want to listen to Lori tell Shane that he is a dumbass for 10 minutes for the twentieth time. If I wanted to watch character interactions for an hour, I'd watch soap operas. Give me a f'ing zombie apocalypse show.

That being said, the show is looking up after the personnel changes they made and hopefully the finale will be sweet, it looks like it could be pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users