What happened?!

What happened to Nebraska? How do you go from being a powerhouse program not that long ago, to now being the whipping boys of the overrated Michigans of the world???

Also, what happened to their fired up, passionate fan base? After reading a few of these threads, you all act like freaking Eyore off of Winnie the Pooh!!!

I thought we beat Michigan and MSU this year. :dunno

Why? What is wrong with pointing out that the fan base is downtrodden? I SERIOUSLY don't get it! And I don't know the recent history of Nebraska football. I remember when they were nearly unbeatable and then I see what they've done lately. Alabama has a similar story but it can be pointed directly to sanctions. I'm not aware of that happening to Nebraska, so what happened? It's really a serious question.

Not trolling. I mean go look it up! How does that happen!

Long story short; Tom Osborne retired.

He retired, but he still had his hand directly in the pot. He basically named Solich as his replacement. We can argue until the cows come home whether or not Solich should have been fired, but this horse has been beaten firmly into the ground. He named Bo as the HC as well. While it's still early, I'd say we have a 50/50 outcome here. Keep in mind $ Byrne wanted to offer Bob Stoops the job after TO retired. I often wonder if the face photoshopped in one of the images above shouldn't have TO's face in there. Pud was horrible, but TO has had more influence over the program than Pud ever did. I'm not trying to stomp on TO's cubes here, but I do think he gets a huge pass because of what he did as a coach.