CB Quincy Wilson [Florida Commit]

Player: Quincy Wilson

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

School: University School

Position: CB

Height: 6-2

Weight: 195

40 time: 4.50

Offers: Nebraska, Arizona, Auburn, cincy, Clemson, Duke, Florida, IL, Indiana, Iowa State. LA Laf., LSU, Marshall, Maryland, UMASS, MSU, N.C. State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Stanford, Syracuse, TN, Texas A&M, UCF, Vandy, Wake Forest, West Virginia

247 :star :star :star

Rivals :star :star :star :star

Scout :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Twitter

I know this depends on the development of our current CBs but do you guys think we search the Juco ranks for at least one CB? I'd love to get out of the Juco game especially for CBs. It seems corners are played earlier and earlier and given the opportunity to learn on the field. I haven't seen anything to suggest that our corner spots are locked up. Which makes me nervous.

I know this depends on the development of our current CBs but do you guys think we search the Juco ranks for at least one CB? I'd love to get out of the Juco game especially for CBs. It seems corners are played earlier and earlier and given the opportunity to learn on the field. I haven't seen anything to suggest that our corner spots are locked up. Which makes me nervous.

I think they might look at the JUCO ranks for a body ready CB to help establish the depth chart and get the current high school players ready to play solid football at the next level. Read and reaction, hip turning, how to use their hands, etc, all take time to adjust to at the next level.

Quite possibly. We have 8 CBs right now and four of them are gone after this year (Evans, Green, SJB, Seisay). It would balance things out a little more not to have everyone in the same class.

That being said, three of the four remaining will be upperclassmen in 2014 so younger kids would balance out as well.

Some of my friends think that our CB position should be a strength next year since we played so many guys at that spot. I took away a little different opinion. I thought Bo played so many guys because he always seemed unhappy with someone. One guy would start get yanked and never get back in the game. Now this could be Bo playing the hot hand, but then from a game to game standpoint, this would suggest that we were very inconsistent since the hot hand may not start the next game.

My opinion is this. Bo sees the potential to be dominant in some of these guys but doesn't see the consistency. He keeps giving these guys every opportunity to succeed yet when moments get tight, he will play the less talented but more consistent players. Waiting for his players to become consistently dominant is a point of frustration for Bo and If he ever gets most(not all) of his players to that level at the same time, we could return to the promised land!

As I said, I just dont see that player yet. Maybe he is coming or already on campus but so far I'm not seeing him. Which is a tribute to Bo, that our pass defense is still so good. Now imagine if he had the type of secondary players that take the ball away with frequency. That's the difference in my opinion between the players we have been playing and the players Bo wants or hopes guys are developing into. I believe that stats like Pass Eff defense has as much to do with the accuracy of the QBs as it has to do with how well our CBs cover.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...