Another QB?

I woner what our coaches take on this is. I bet they are P...ed off pretty bad.

I would be. After all the work that the staff did to get this kid in Lincoln, he sending all the right signals that he is coming to NU (including cancelling a trip to OU), then to have him turn on his word. But hey, he's just a kid. Doesn't sound like he is quite his own man yet.

You know how you get that feeling when you've made a decision, then turned around and made another; the feeling of uncertainty?

Had a night to sleep on it and then wake up the next morning wishing you hadn't made that choice?

I hope he lives with that feeling everytime he leads the Wildcat's to a loss and looks in the paper the next day to see Nebraska rolled another top-ranked team.

Silly kids, don't they teach you to go with your first instinct?

obviously his old man has no integrity either........it is ok to change your mind, but be a man and have the balls to call the coach personally and tell him of your decision. i am sure he was scared that cally might talk him out of it and then he would be screwing Ron Prince.......listen, we now know this kids true colors and we were not in line to get what we thought we wanted....in the long run, not having him on board will be a blessing.....this kid has big time integrity problems all the way......no more promises for recruiting just one qb Cally!.........everyone should have to come here and fight for the position and opportunity to play against the best we have, period.......the coaches have now learned this lesson having been burned by a snot-nose kid from Kansas! to the kids, come to play and earn a spot or go somewhere else where they like to kiss-ass! it doesn't work that way at the next level boys!

hunter

In a way, you almost have to feel sorry for how naive Josh is.

He thinks he's going to KSU and starting from day 1. He very likely will. But the sad part of it is, he's not ready, not from day 1 anyways. K-State will be horrid next year, especially the offensive line.

A freshman QB coming into a program that has to be built back up, starting a new offense with a poor offensive line?

You may get what you want right now Josh, but you need to look at what price you're going to pay for it.

I personally will love to see Souder come on a blitz in the coming years and drill Freeman in the ribs and throw up the bones right in his face. Maybe Souder can show him what it's like to work hard and earn something you want, instead of thinking it should be given to you.

Well put Willie! What I don't get about Freeman, is why did he take unofficial visits to every home game and the Missouri road game and try to sway other kids to come to Nebraska? Doesn't make any sense at all. Whatever Josh, the Big Red Machine will go on without you and steamroll you 4 years in a row.

Who's with me that NU sends 5 coaches to see Cate by the end of the week.  Pull off some Tomerlin stuff man.  Visit his girlfriend man

I think they go after Mitch Mustain first before they go after Cate. With Mitch being a soft verbal and currently shopping around, he would be the easier of the 2 to steal away.

Mitch could be a real possibility. What's interesting is his high school coach insisted that he and the rest of the "'Springdale 5" either commit before the high school season started, or to put off recruiting until after the season. All five committed before the start of the season. Besides Mitch, a receiver committed to Arkansas, a lineman committed to Notre Dame, and a receiver and a tight end committed to Florida. Mitch's high school coach was just hired by Arkansas as the Offensive Coordinator (yes, you read that right - they hired a high school head coach with no experience at the college level to be their OC).

Currently, the word is that Mitch is favoring Notre Dame, Tennessee and South Carolina...and Arkansas, sort of. The thing is, I'm convinced he re-opened his recruiting because he wanted to go to Notre Dame - he's mentioned them by name. The problem is that they already have two top quarterbacks committed, and are no longer really showing any interest.

From what I can gather in Arkansas, Tennessee has never really been high on the list - the school popped up almost as an after-thought. And I don't recall anything that indicated Mitch was seriously looking at South Carolina.

What does all this mean?

1. Mitch may end up at Arkansas, but the fact he re-opened his recruiting (he has not technically decommitted) sure indicates he wants to go somewhere else. If not, why has he remained "open" even after his high school coach - who is going to install the same system Mitch ran in high school - was hired by Arkansas?

2. He probably thought that, with all the accolades and awards he's received, Notre Dame would come calling - they were very interested before his committment to Arkansas and before they got those two other quarterback committments. There was a rumor of an in-home visit by ND staff. ND denied it immediately, and the Mustain family finally said that no visit OR CONTACT has occurred.

3. Tennessee appears to be in the mix only because they hired Cutcliff - who tutored both Mannings. Makes it appear that Mitch is thinking more about "the next level" than anything else.

4. One would think - if all of that is correct - he'd jump at the chance to attend a tradition-laden school that is on the upswing, and has a staff that has either been in the NFL, or has shown great sucess in moving kids to the NFL.

Hmmmm....