Another QB?

Well DJR, as Roz said on Sports Nightly tonight, Josh is trying to get recruits to sway the other way already. Roz said it was a few Nebraska recruits who I don't think he named.

He contacted both Mike Mcneil and Meno Holt, that's who Roz was talking about. Seth is doing some counter recruiting for us and making sure those guys he contacted don't waver since the coaches can't call recruits directly.

hello, NU has 3 offers for hs qb's for '07:

phillip bates, o north, 6, 182, 4.4 dual-threat qb (p bates sr - played fullback in the nfl for the lions & chiefs)

latravis washington, bayshore, bradenton, fl 6'3", 210, 4.55, dual-threat qb (bro of fabian washington - his favs are fl, fl st, mia, & NU)

ryan mallett, tx high, texarkana, tx, 6'6", 230 (father was an asst coach at ar, & ryan has been to ar camps since the 9th grade - NU was the 1st to offer, but tx should have him as their #1 target next yr)

p.s. it is too bad that freeman committed to NU in the early fall before cate did because if NU had cate's committment there would have been a good chance that NU could have had stanley havili's committment as well, since they were teammates at cottonwood in salt lake city, & stanley was looking pretty hard at NU at that time (stanley is a terrific runner & receiver for the fb position, & usc has now offered & a visit there has been set, yet there was a chance that NU could have had he & cate early, which may be the biggest disappoint for me w/ the whole freeman decommittment

2nd p.s. like freeman, cate is a jan hs grad

Latravis does NOT have an offer from Nebraska as of this time.

About Clausen, I would go as far to say that Tennessee is probably 4th on his list of schools right now. His top 3 are all pretty close in USC, Notre Dame and SC.

He's hinted and others have that ND is his favorite right now, but he has always been entrigued by Spurrier which leads to the interest he has in him.

In the end, I hope we get Bates and turn him into an athlete and Latravis Washington. Latravis is built along the lines of a big safety or LB already.

Mustain would be an awesome pickup (being from my hometown, has no bearing  on that opinon :smokin ) but I would have a hard time seeing it happen. But as long as we are making our Christmas list, I'll ask for all of the "Fab 5"

Won't happen. Houston Nutt is down right begging for Mustain to come to Arkie. Hell... Nutt even went so far as to hire Mustain's old High School coach and made him the OC at Arkansas. If that doesn't scream DESPERATE I don't know what does! :thumbs

Mustain would be an awesome pickup (being from my hometown, has no bearing  on that opinon :smokin ) but I would have a hard time seeing it happen. But as long as we are making our Christmas list, I'll ask for all of the "Fab 5"

Won't happen. Houston Nutt is down right begging for Mustain to come to Arkie. Hell... Nutt even whent so far as to hire Mustain's old High School coach and made him the OC at Arkansas. If that doesn't scream DESPERATE I don't know what does! :thumbs

i believe it's called 'karma'. mister nutt has had it coming for a bit now.

p.s. it is too bad that freeman committed to NU in the early fall before cate did because if NU had cate's committment there would have been a good chance that NU could have had stanley havili's committment as well, since they were teammates at cottonwood in salt lake city, & stanley was looking pretty hard at NU at that time (stanley is a terrific runner & receiver for the fb position, & usc has now offered & a visit there has been set, yet there was a chance that NU could have had he & cate early, which may be the biggest disappoint for me w/ the whole freeman decommittment

2nd p.s. like freeman, cate is a jan hs grad

While Cate was a big loss as a player, his dad would have been a good booster for the program years to come.

About Clausen, I would go as far to say that Tennessee is probably 4th on his list of schools right now. His top 3 are all pretty close in USC, Notre Dame and SC.

He's hinted and others have that ND is his favorite right now, but he has always been entrigued by Spurrier which leads to the interest he has in him.

Did Callahan even offer Claussen? I saw the OTL special on him a while back and he had said that his most recent favorite then was Notre Dame and of course USC is in his backyard and he talked a bit about his conversations with Spurrier. I don't think they even mentioned Tennessee which was wierd since his 2 brothers both have ended up there.

Did Callahan even offer Claussen? I saw the OTL special on him a while back and he had said that his most recent favorite then was Notre Dame and of course USC is in his backyard and he talked a bit about his conversations with Spurrier. I don't think they even mentioned Tennessee which was wierd since his 2 brothers both have ended up there.

Without looking, I would venture to guess he does. I personally haven't seen any video (only stats) on Clausen, but he is supposedly the 'LeBron James' of football. Just looking at his stats, I would say it isn't to far off. He's put up some gaudy stats, even as an underclassmen.

But I'll say that the Clausen's (especially Rick) aren't too happy with their stays in Tennessee. Rick was moreorless kicked around with the revolving door on he QB situation, even when he proved to be the better of he and Erik Ainge.

I personally hope Clausen doesn't go to SC and is wasted in that system. He'll put up ginormous stats, but for what? Care to name me a potent NFL QB Spurrier has developed over the years? I really do not understand why QB's even look at Spurrier to be honest.

And about Cate. From what I remember earlier this year, Cate's father is VERY wealthy. IIRC, all of Cate's visits were done unofficially before the season. He wanted to get his decision over, and he just went unofficially to every school he wanted before he did. I can't remember what Cate's father does for a living though. Will probably have to look that up as well.