SIGNED (2014) PG Tarin Smith

Player: Tarin Smith

Hometown: Jersey City, New Jersey

School: St. Anthony

AAU: Sports U

Position: PG

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 165-175

Offers: Buffalo, Delaware, Detroit, Harvard, Holy Cross, La Salle, Princeton, UMass, UPenn

O8n7o.png

Photo: BWMD_0202sb3Smith.jpg

Twitter

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 3h

Tim Miles will see 2014 PG Tarin Smith (@Smittee_) on Thursday, and a #Nebrasketball offer could soon follow… ($) http://nebraska.riva...asp?CID=1616031

I know he doesn't have an offer yet, but he's very close to getting one as Trey Dickerson's seems closer to his decision as well as a Tim Miles visit as indicated from the tweet above. According to the Hudson Reporter, he is on target to be the valedictorian for St. Anthony 2014 class which goes along great with the fact hes been accepted into upenn, princeton, and harvard. Seems like a high IQ player

If you read more into that article, his coach/high school has produced a lot of talent such as Kyle Anderson at UCLA who is a top 10 draft pick this year. Another one, Myles Mack, at rutgers, averages 15ppg/4apg. Another alumni, Tyshawn Taylor, was there in 2008, played at KU and was the 41st pick in the NBA draft,

If you haven't read the article from the first paragraph, here's the link again. Good info: http://hudsonreporte...ponsibilities--

I see this kid as a down the road contributor whereas Dickerson is an instant impact kid. I'd love to get Trey cause I think he is the kind of player that can put us in conference title contention next year.

Agreed...recruiting in the Big Ten means you have to have studs. The Illini have two top 150 players for 2015 already and the fans still know it is not enough. You need guys that are instant impact.

I see this kid as a down the road contributor whereas Dickerson is an instant impact kid. I'd love to get Trey cause I think he is the kind of player that can put us in conference title contention next year.

Agreed...recruiting in the Big Ten means you have to have studs. The Illini have two top 150 players for 2015 already and the fans still know it is not enough. You need guys that are instant impact.

gimme Hammond Pinder and Dickerson and if we keep Petteway, we could make a good run at everything next year. Hopefully Tai keeps progressing and Walt continues to gain more confidence, there no reason we can't be competitive. Nobody is gonna take us lightly next year. Our team will be the hunted. We need to learn how to play with high expectations. Coach has this team ahead of schedule and too many times teams fall flat after a year like we've had where we over achieved.

gimme Hammond Pinder and Dickerson and if we keep Petteway, we could make a good run at everything next year. Hopefully Tai keeps progressing and Walt continues to gain more confidence, there no reason we can't be competitive. Nobody is gonna take us lightly next year. Our team will be the hunted. We need to learn how to play with high expectations. Coach has this team ahead of schedule and too many times teams fall flat after a year like we've had where we over achieved.

Pinder is a 2015 recruit.