***2016 Recruiting***

Nebraska’s 2016 recruiting class is No. 1 in the Big Ten after two big OL commits Saturday. http://bit.ly/1pkS9XZ #Huskers

#11 Nationally.

3 total commits and we are already talking about national rankings?

Count it! :lol:

We jumped 20 spots!!

I said this when the 2015 Recruiting Class was ranked in the Top 10 early this year. More than anything else, this signals an emphasis toward early recruiting of top-level talent and improved recruiting strategies by this staff. This should lead to better recruiting within the class from top to bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

We'll have more on this in a Sam McKewon column later this week, but Pelini touched on a few recruiting topics...

1. Nebraska's in a great position, Pelini said. He's looked at more film of high school juniors than ever before. Part of that is because the Huskers do not plan to have a large signing class.
2. But a lot of that is because of increased staff, helping the coaches identify and contact prospects early, Pelini said. Also the additional recruiting staffers help to "weed out" guys who don't have true interest in NU or who won't end up fitting in.
3. One of the rules Pelini wants to see changed: Allowing schools to pay for parents to attend a recruit's official visit. He expects some push-back from programs that are closer to some of the recruiting hotspots (where parents don't have to pay much to travel along with the prospect). But he thinks parents should be involved in the process. And schools should do everything they can to make that happen.
Parents are there to help a recruit identify the important factors in the process. Said Pelini: "It isn't about the uniforms here, bud. This is a 40-year decision."

OWH

No offer yet. We already have a number of offers out to 2016 QB, including one to Tristen Wallace who is showing some really interest. We may be waiting to see the level of interest from the first group of QB or we may still be evaluating Williams and waiting for his junior season to get a better picture.

And devin williams was fresh off a visit to oklahoma when he tweeted that out... Really wants an offer but tristen wallace is probably number one on our board right now

seems like kid has a lot of potential and REALLY wants to be here...is being recruited by a lot of programs...and has what it takes to be successfull why not offer him?? maybe he would be willing to play another position???

This is what I'm hoping. Bigger class. Get him on board. Give him a shot at QB (especially with the amount of uncertainty we have at that position at the moment) and if it doesn't work out, he seems athletic enough to help elsewhere.

Wallace and Desoto playing on ESPN2 in a couple minutes.

I’m still not sure the car is as “fully loaded” as it could be, but Pelini seems satisfied with the level of support from Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst and his administration, whom Pelini said have done “a heckuva job giving us all the tools.”

“I like what we have in place,” Pelini said at Monday’s press conference. “I think we have some good momentum. I like where it stands right now, and hopefully we can finish this class off. I feel like we are a lot further ahead.”
By “ahead,” Pelini means Nebraska has a major jump start on the 2016 class. The Huskers already have three commits — Lincoln Christian tight end Jared Bubak and out-of-state linemen John Raridon and Bryan Brokop — for that class.
“I’ve watched a lot more 2016 guys this year than I remember in the past,” Pelini said. “For every 2015 guy I look at, I’ve looked at two, three, five kids (in 2016). We are getting a lot more familiar and as a staff we are getting ahead. In this day and age, you have to.”

OWH

Xavier Kelly of Wichita, Kansas was in town for the game last weekend. 6-5, 225 lbs. who can play both TE and DE.

247 Profile

Hudl

Here an interview regarding his visit. Nebraska has not been clear about if they are recruiting him at DE or TE. Sounds like he prefers DE when it comes to Nebraska, not much of a surprise as all our DE recruits will see themselves as the next RG4 and our TE are mostly extra blockers and get minimal targets in the passing game.