Excel

Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

Excel    1,172

I totally love this show. Been watching it since Day 1 of the first season. I haven't read any of the books, so I agree with the NO SPOILERS mandate.

:cheers

I'm in the same boat, I've been watching but haven't touched the books.

Who are your favorite characters? Who are you rooting for?

carlfense    2,267

I haven't read any of the books . . .

I've been watching but haven't touched the books . . .

Amateurs. F'ing amateurs. :grr

You probably don't even have neckbeards OR fedoras.

QMany    3,003

I recently got on board. I watched the third episode this season with some friends and was hooked. Now, I have watched all episodes of this season and am frantically watching episodes from the beginning on HBO Go. I am almost through the first season.

Who are your favorite characters?

Well, Ned Stark was my favorite. I like Arya, too.

I hate those weirdo incestous Lannisters, except Tyrion. Geoffrey was a little b*tch, I'm glad he's dead.

ColoradoHusk    4,226

The hardest part about GoT is the number of characters involved, their names, and remembering them all. I listen to a couple podcasts that review each show, and I still have a hard time with the names of the characters.

Favorite current characters -- Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Maegery (sp?) -- she's hot!!!, Jamie Lannister is interesting to me with the ups and downs his character has had

Lease favorites -- Sersei, Bran Stark (don't like his story line right now, but he could be key going forward), Theyon Greyjoy (don't like his plot lines)

I would really like it if they focused around the Starks and the Lannisters, they seem to be the most compelling families.

Excel    1,172

I like Daenerys, she'd probably make the best ruler but she's gone all power-crazed lately. I wonder what's going to happen with Robert Baratheon's bastard son, I like him too.

QMany    3,003

I want the Targaryen girl to take the throne.

She's bad to the bone. I like her a lot.

I also like Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister

I have to agree. I like them both for different reasons.

carlfense    2,267

I want the Targaryen girl to take the throne. I also like Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister

:yeah

Joffrey is the worst. No redeeming qualities. (Although Littlefinger is probably even more evil.)

My favorites are:

1. Jon Snow

2. Tyrion

3. Daenerys

4. Arya

QMany    3,003

I won't be happy until all the Starks die. They annoy me with their goodness.

Pump the breaks!

Excel    1,172

Pump the breaks!

Sorry but villains are fun to root for. The Starks/Jon Snow are just too goody goody.

Frott Scost    2,266

Excel, I cant quote people now for some reason, but to your point on her become power crazed, I somewhat disagree. She is liberating many of the slave cities in Essos (I believe that is the name). I can get behind that. Shes giving the slaves the option of being free or fighting for her as free people. She is not forcing anyone to fight for her. She is just and kind imo.

Excel    1,172

Sorry but villains are fun to root for. The Starks/Jon Snow are just too goody goody.

Even the Freys?!

Are they considered Starks?

Excel, I cant quote people now for some reason, but to your point on her become power crazed, I somewhat disagree. She is liberating many of the slave cities in Essos (I believe that is the name). I can get behind that. Shes giving the slaves the option of being free or fighting for her as free people. She is not forcing anyone to fight for her. She is just and kind imo.

She's walking a thin line. The last bits of Sunday's episode kind of showed that with her denying the Masters mercy and the scene with her standing beneath her banner on top of the pyramid. She clearly gets off on the power with people chanting her name and helping her crowd surf and everything. I like her. She's the best and most natural leader out of all of them but her character is evolving somewhat negatively...which I also like in some ways.

QMany    3,003

Pump the breaks!

I will NEVER root for Cersei and Jaime.

carlfense    2,267

Even the Freys?!

Are they considered Starks?

They're considered villains!

carlfense    2,267

Pump the breaks!

Cersei, agree. Jaime . . . we'll see how that plays out.

Excel    1,172

Pump the breaks!

Cersei, agree. Jaime . . . we'll see how that plays out.

Ah man come on.

Frott Scost    2,266

So who actually killed Joffrey, you think? At first, I thought it was Baelish. Then the grandma said something along the lines of, "did you actually think Id let you marry that monster?" So maybe it was the grandmother of Margery.

QMany    3,003

So who actually killed Joffrey, you think? At first, I thought it was Baelish. Then the grandma said something along the lines of, "did you actually think Id let you marry that monster?" So maybe it was the grandmother of Margery.

Pretty sure it was the grandmother, Olenna, and Baelish.

QMany    3,003

Last night, I finished the sixth episode of the first season. This is where Khal Drogo kills Viserys Targaryen. Wow, what a way to die!

Landlord    7,832

I really like Jamie's character, but (very very minor spoiler), the rape scene pissed me off to no end, because in the books he is actually a rather virtuous gentleman, sans the consentual incest.

Excel    1,172

almost forgot, another character Im rooting for: Im rooting for Sam to get laid!

Ah no. Forever alone Night's Watch Edition.

Things I want to happen:

Lannisters win the war of the five kings

Daenerys arrives, kills the Lannisters and takes the Iron Throne

Wildlings invade, kill Daenerys and take over

White Walkers arrive and kill everyone

ColoradoHusk    4,226

I don't think it's a spoiler (since it was in this past week's episode) Baelish and Olenna conspires to kill Joffrey.

Excel    1,172

I don't think it's a spoiler (since it was in this past week's episode) Baelish and Olenna conspires to kill Joffrey.

Yea. Baelish admitted it to Sansa and Olenna admitted it to her grandaughter. Baelish could be lying though, it wouldn't be the first time.

Excel    1,172

I seriously watch the show but know like 4 names

That's me with the Walking Dead. I've never missed an episode but the only two names I know are Glenn and Carl and I hate both of them.

Excel    1,172

I am not a fan of Baelish. I hate his voice. Plus, the actor will always be Carcutti from The Wire to me!!!

Yep me too, got too used to him in that role as the honest well intentioned mayor. Very different character now.

QMany    3,003

I really like Jamie's character, but (very very minor spoiler), the rape scene pissed me off to no end, because in the books he is actually a rather virtuous gentleman, sans the consentual incest.

It was not rape. It was just uncomfortable to watch.

Landlord    7,832

Someone forcibly having sex with another person who continuously says "no" and "stop" is rape.

QMany    3,003

Someone forcibly having sex with another person who continuously says "no" and "stop" is rape.

I have been watching the episodes from the beginning in the last week after the "rape." In every one of Cersei and Jaime's encounters I have seen so far, including the one that led to Bran's paralysis, she has said "no" in some regard but continued to get plowed by consent. Even the producers and directors have since come out to say it wasn't "rape."

Excel    1,172

Nevermind.

ColoradoHusk    4,226

I am not a fan of Baelish. I hate his voice. Plus, the actor will always be Carcutti from The Wire to me!!!

Yep me too, got too used to him in that role as the honest well intentioned mayor. Very different character now.

I think that's why they have him talk the way he does, in order to distance himself from the Carcutti character. I just love that Lady Stark didn't want any of his Little Finger.

QMany    3,003

Wasn't Cersei wrapping her legs around Jaime, kissing him, and holding on to the table for support?

It was very uncomfortable, but knowing how those two have interacted and had sex before, I didn't think rape.

I can definitely see how some would think differently though. Everyone was talking about it, kudos to the Directors.

Landlord    7,832

Wasn't Cersei wrapping her legs around Jaime, kissing him, and holding on to the table for support?

It was very uncomfortable, but knowing how those two have interacted and had sex before, I didn't think rape.

I can definitely see how some would think differently though. Everyone was talking about it, kudos to the Directors.

At the very end, yeah I suppose. But the director was literally quoted as saying it “becomes consensual by the end.”, implying a lack of consent, supported by the no's and not here's and please stop it's and etc.

I get that the relationship between the two is complex and nuanced and all of that, but I think that saying that wasn't rape feeds into the incredibly dangerous "she said no but she really meant yes" lies of rape culture.

Also taking into consideration his character's (you might not have seen these episodes yet) discussion on rape earlier on in the series, and the way it plays out in the book, it's just seriously messed up.

QMany    3,003

My first episode was one from this season, and I was thinking, "Daenerys is smoking, I wonder what she looks like naked." I start watching the show and the FIRST EPISODE, BOOM! Best show ever, reading my mind.

teachercd    3,204

My first episode was one from this season, and I was thinking, "Daenerys is smoking, I wonder what she looks like naked." I start watching the show and the FIRST EPISODE, BOOM! Best show ever, reading my m

This will sound weird to some...but she is hotter with clothes on.

QMany    3,003

My first episode was one from this season, and I was thinking, "Daenerys is smoking, I wonder what she looks like naked." I start watching the show and the FIRST EPISODE, BOOM! Best show ever, reading my m

I understand what you are saying, but she is hot regardless.

Excel    1,172

Saying that wasn't rape feeds into the incredibly dangerous "she said no but she really meant yes" lies of rape culture.

Gah, leave it to LL to get all crusade-y about a fantasy TV series. :facepalm:

ColoradoHusk    4,226

Let me translate for you guys who don't speak TeacherCD. "Her boobs aren't big enough."

teachercd    3,204

Saying that wasn't rape feeds into the incredibly dangerous "she said no but she really meant yes" lies of rape culture.

Gah, leave it to LL to get all crusade-y about a fantasy TV series. :facepalm:

Ha! No kidding...I mean...I thought the treatment of the dragons was rough and goes against what PETA preaches but I am not going to bring it up.

teachercd    3,204

Let me translate for you guys who don't speak TeacherCD. "Her boobs aren't big enough."

Well...not big enough AND not as well shaped as I would like.

I am kind of a boss when it comes to boobs