Finally making 1st trip to Lincoln, any help/info appreciated

After road trips to see Nebraska play at VTech, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin, I am finally coming to Lincoln. We are coming for the Wisconsin game 10/10 and I have some basic questions regarding where to stay and what to do.

Where are the bars located?

Is there a certain "downtown" area to try and get a hotel near?

Any hotel suggestions or location suggestions?

I want to get there Friday because there is always added energy the night before a big game, and I am sure Lincoln is no different.

For Gameday, what is the tailgating like?

Is it bar-hopping or is there a big car/RV tailgate area - and if so, where are these locations?

Thanks so much for any and all information. Finally making my first trip out, and I've waited a damn long time. I wanna make it as best I as I can.

After road trips to see Nebraska play at VTech, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin, I am finally coming to Lincoln. We are coming for the Wisconsin game 10/10 and I have some basic questions regarding where to stay and what to do.

I want to get there Friday because there is always added energy the night before a big game, and I am sure Lincoln is no different.

Is it bar-hopping or is there a big car/RV tailgate area - and if so, where are these locations?

Thanks so much for any and all information. Finally making my first trip out, and I've waited a damn long time. I wanna make it as best I as I can.

Get your room as fast as you can, Embassy is the perfect location.

Bars are in two places "O" Street and the Haymarket/Railyard area. Railyard is a cool place with a giant outdoor TV and you can drink outside, it has 2-3 bars I think.

O Street has a lot more and is more of the main college strip but on game day it is packed with all ages. You have some great bar options, Barrys, Brothers, Rail, Cliffs, Iguanas, Duffys, Sandy's, they are all a blast.

Get your room as fast as you can, Embassy is the perfect location.

Bars are in two places "O" Street and the Haymarket/Railyard area. Railyard is a cool place with a giant outdoor TV and you can drink outside, it has 2-3 bars I think.

O Street has a lot more and is more of the main college strip but on game day it is packed with all ages. You have some great bar options, Barrys, Brothers, Rail, Cliffs, Iguanas, Duffys, Sandy's, they are all a blast.

The Railyard has about 6 open bars or sports bars open now, I think. That area has really taken off - it's also a great area to hang out because there is free tailgating at the new basketball arena which is literally right across the street, as well as a pedestrian bridge to take you over to the stadium. Hard to go wrong down in that area (also helpful tip if you don't mind walking - there's a lot you don't have to pay anything at on the corner of 7th and J. It's a ways away but an easy way to save $5-20 on parking.

Guessing all the good hotels downtown are already fully booked for the Wisky game, although you might not have wanted to spend the $300/night that the Embassy probably charges.

There are a bunch of cheap hotels by the airport and that's only about a 10 minute drive from campus/downtown.

As others have said, there are a bunch of bars both downtown (O Street) and in the Haymarket/Railyard area. Probably about a 10 minute walk between those districts. Also, downtown butts up to the south end of campus, so another 10 minute walk from O Street to Memorial.