Man, I like Stanfords O.

lo country

Watching this game, its hard to not like what they are doing. Wouldn't mind NU running an O like this. Power run and some spread sets with good QB play.

McCaffery has made them a lot more explosive this year, compared to past years. That guy is a freak.

No doubt. He can flat play. Of course their OL doesn't hurt....

Watching this game, its hard to not like what they are doing. Wouldn't mind NU running an O like this. Power run and some spread sets with good QB play.

I watched POB's highlights today on Hudl and I was trying to figure out who he reminds me of. It's Kevin Hogan at Stanford.

I love watching Stanford's offense. I'm not a fan of them but I definitely enjoy watching them "chop the tree".

Body shot, body shot, body shot, KNOCKOUT!

I watched POB's highlights today on Hudl and I was trying to figure out who he reminds me of. It's Kevin Hogan at Stanford.

I love watching Stanford's offense. I'm not a fan of them but I definitely enjoy watching them "chop the tree".

Body shot, body shot, body shot, KNOCKOUT!

And that's a good thing. He plays smart and doesn't turn it over. Throw in a power run game and we have a winner. They are definetly physical. I like the body shot analogy. Fitting.

We lined up in more power running formations this year then we have in the last 3-4 combined. I don't think that will go away with who we are recruiting. Look at the RBs we have recruited, all in the 225lb range that are physical runners. I just think our Oline needs to get more physical.

Power T, that is a good comparison about POB. He is a big QB with a strong arm and is mobile enough to get out of trouble. I really think he will surprise people when he gets here and starts to compete.

What makes this work, and where Stanford is underappreciated, is playing solid defense. Getting stops allows offensive choice, regardless if what your system is. Stanford doesn't have the greatest defense, but you don't need to hold teams to 10 points every game to be effective. Limit big plays, hold teams to field goals, control down and distance. The more you can make the opponent work, the less your offense has to work.

That's Stanford's defense. Not as much tonight, but that's also why this game is close.

What makes this work, and where Stanford is underappreciated, is playing solid defense. Getting stops allows offensive choice, regardless if what your system is. Stanford doesn't have the greatest defense, but you don't need to hold teams to 10 points every game to be effective. Limit big plays, hold teams to field goals, control down and distance. The more you can make the opponent work, the less your offense has to work.

That's Stanford's defense. Not as much tonight, but that's also why this game is close.

ND has a pretty good O. 28th rushing and 38th passing. ND OL getting great push. Watching the top teams this weekend, it all hinges on the big uglies on the OL. You don't have a dominant OL, forget it.

• Fire 1

Just watched the reverse from Stanford. An OL got up field and then turned into the pursuit and decelerated a ND player. Heard the pop on TV. Man to have that physicality from the OL. That's nasty.

I know Air Force doesn't have the caliber of OL Stanford has but I posted a video the the scheme thread tonight and I was impressed with how fast those guys got upfield to take on 2nd level defenders. Not overly big, but they got on their horses to get upfield and help develop the long runs.

Just watched the reverse from Stanford. An OL got up field and then turned into the pursuit and decelerated a ND player. Heard the pop on TV. Man to have that physicality from the OL. That's nasty.

I know Air Force doesn't have the caliber of OL Stanford has but I posted a video the the scheme thread tonight and I was impressed with how fast those guys got upfield to take on 2nd level defenders. Not overly big, but they got on their horses to get upfield and help develop the long runs.

I'd love Calhoun to come here next year as HC if Riley stays. Great scheme, gets a lot out of a little and has a very disciplined squad.

I'd love Calhoun to come here next year as HC if Riley stays. Great scheme, gets a lot out of a little and has a very disciplined squad.
Do you mean if Riley gets fired? Riley isn't getting rid of Langsahan and Calhoun isn't coming to NU to be OC.