16 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Interesting concepts and well written story lines.

Good special effects and scenery.

Anthony Hopkins good as usual.

Evan Rachael Wood, and Thandie Newton ,play their roles well, and look very nice doing it too. lol

Whats not to like?

I'm more interested in Thandie's storyline because it feels like Evan's is just going to be trying to gain independence for the hosts.  Gaining independence does not interest me as much as her storyline from season 1 where she gains sentience (which was also Thandie's as she was programmed to look to escape the park but decided at the last moment to look for her kid as opposed to Evan's which was making the decision by herself to kill Anthony's character without being programmed to pull the trigger).

18 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Interesting concepts and well written story lines.

Good special effects and scenery.

Anthony Hopkins good as usual.

Evan Rachael Wood, and Thandie Newton ,play their roles well, and look very nice doing it too. lol

Whats not to like?

What???

This is a great scene with the piano music and Dolores galloping through a meadow wiping people out with a rifle.  I have two problems with it though.  First, the WW theme park seems to be set in the old West, say 1870 or so.  The Scott Joplin tune playing on the piano was from the early 20th century, at least 30 years later.  Second, and even worse, as Dolores gallops along her rifle waves wildly up and down.  Yet she nails a bunch of incredible shots, hitting moving targets with no misses.  No freaking way anyone could shoot that good.  Unless she has some sort of freaky android special shooting powers.  That is all.  lol 

On 4/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, NUance said:

This is a great scene with the piano music and Dolores galloping through a meadow wiping people out with a rifle.  I have two problems with it though.  First, the WW theme park seems to be set in the old West, say 1870 or so.  The Scott Joplin tune playing on the piano was from the early 20th century, at least 30 years later.  Second, and even worse, as Dolores gallops along her rifle waves wildly up and down.  Yet she nails a bunch of incredible shots, hitting moving targets with no misses.  No freaking way anyone could shoot that good.  Unless she has some sort of freaky android special shooting powers.  That is all.  lol 

Westworld routinely uses renditions of popular music from throughout time. There have been covers of Soundgarden, The Rolling Stones, Radiohead, The Cure, Vitamin String Quartet, old folk songs, Amy Winehouse and other stuff.

Re: the second, of course she has freaky android special shooting powers. A) she's an android, and B) Ford intentionally prepped her to murder lots of humans. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Westworld routinely uses renditions of popular music from throughout time. There have been covers of Soundgarden, The Rolling Stones, Radiohead, The Cure, Vitamin String Quartet, old folk songs, Amy Winehouse and other stuff.

Re: the second, of course she has freaky android special shooting powers. A) she's an android, and B) Ford intentionally prepped her to murder lots of humans. 

Yeah, I like WW's use of contemporary music in the sound track.  It's just that the player piano was playing it.  To that end, the player piano itself is a bit out of place.  They didn't have player pianos in the old west.   Even though you see player pianos in western movies once in a while, they weren't really widespread until after 1900.  The Scott Joplin tune would have been appropriate on a player piano since they both came from the same era.    

As for an android shooting a gun on a galloping horse, instead of the barrel bouncing wildly up and down I'd expect some sort of barrel stabilization feature.  Like they have on army tanks.  Just sayin... LINK