Mavric

LB Nick Henrich

HuskerBoard Predictor  

68 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

Player: Nick Henrich
Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska
School: Burke
Position: Linebacker
Height: 6-4
Weight: 200
40 time:
Offers: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio
Visits: 6/17/17; 4/17/18

Twitter

247 Composite: #299 Overall; #7 ILB; .9030; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #69 Overall; #4 ILB; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN:

Hudl

On 1/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, FearAmeer said:

Yeah there is no way we let a kid with star ratings slip out of nebraska again. He'll be N

On 9/24/2017 at 4:25 PM, In the Deed the Glory said:

Dad is an Iowa alum and former Hawkeye athlete

If I remember correctly from our scout info on him this year it read "Best player we will see all year, best player in the state, he will take chances"

On 1/19/2018 at 11:33 AM, seaofred92 said:

hope he's there every Friday until he signs

They should probably just give Ruud his own room there. 

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

They should probably just give Ruud his own room there. 

He can use my classroom!  lol

14 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Is he truly a top 70 player in the country? Never seen him or his teammate play but that is an incredibly strong statement.

He hits like a freight train and has the frame to add 30-40 lbs, runs on our 4x1 relay team as the backstretch guy.  I don't know if he is a top 70 player or not, but he is a hell of an athlete.  He and Hickman are the second/third best athletes at Burke.  Xavier Watts, 2020 WR/DB is our best athlete at Burke.  I don't know if that means he'll be a better football player, but Watts is an unbelievable athlete.

Edited by In the Deed the Glory

2 hours ago, CMT1525 said:

Jimbo and A&M offered last night. Big time recruit

Yup, everyone wants him. Iowa legacy. Hopefully there is some pull to stay home and play at Nebraska with Frost.

8 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

or a Diaco, or a Kaczenski

....he can see The Strain? 

aWG7m.gif

29 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Hopefully he pulls a Chinander.

True, hopefully this will be the compromise. Play for the Hawkeye but at Nebraska.

Henrich told the Journal Star on Wednesday that he is planning on using his official visits in the relatively near future and would like to make a decision this summer, while Hickman is less sure of his timeline.

“It’s a little early for that, but I’ll probably take most of my visits this spring,” Henrich said. “I don’t know where, I don’t have anything set, and I’ll probably decide this summer some time just so I can really focus on next season with my team.”

In addition to Nebraska and every school in the Big Ten West except Northwestern, the 6-foot-4 linebacker prospect has offers from the likes of Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Florida and many others.

LJS

Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Notre Dame seem to be standing out but said he didn't have any favorites.

Most familiar with Iowa (dad played tennis there), Iowa State (mom went there), Minnesota and Nebraska.

No visits set yet.

Probably a good thing that he's mostly looking like a midwest kid. Although man will this be a battle. Defending the border this year will be awesome to watch play out.

Anyone else feel like if we miss out on him and Hickman it could sink all of Frosts momentum?

Edited by ScottyIce

10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Anyone else feel like if we miss out on him and Hickman it could sink all of Frosts momentum?

No.  I have a feeling Frost is going to land a pretty good recruiting class no matter what.

Besides, these aren't lifelong Husker fans we're talking about.

13 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Not at all. It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

What really sucks is that Nebraska has been down for so long that the true pride of playing for the Huskers might be down a bit too...plus, you add in the fact that the previous three regimes were not overly interested in local kids.

Frost is the one that can bring this local pride back. Add in Held and Ruud that can only help and will be huge to continue Frost's ability to get the pride back. 

The local kids that have committed are great, hopefully the staff can get Henrich and Hickman as well...that would be amazing!!!!