6 hours ago, knapplc said:

When I first took over the cooking duties full-time at home, I put nachos on the menu because how hard can it be to make nachos?  Eh.  I made some really dry, nasty, tasteless nachos several times.  It took a while, but my nachos are pretty good now.  I make my pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese sauce and a chipotle adobo sauce that packs a lot of flavor. 

This was my effort from a couple weeks ago.  Jerk chicken nachos.  They were definitely edible.

fTOtWUa.jpg

Cilantro is for the birds....

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Cilantro is a staple of Mexican flavors.  Some people really don't like it because it reacts with their chemistry wrong and produces almost a metallic flavor.

We use a lot of cilantro in our house, but like you said, it's not for everyone

• 1 year later...

On 10/5/2017 at 4:17 PM, knapplc said:

Cilantro is a staple of Mexican flavors.  Some people really don't like it because it reacts with their chemistry wrong and produces almost a metallic flavor.

We use it often but not in large amounts. We were not aware that it tastes like soap to some people.....until my wife heard about it and then it started tasting like soap to her. True story. Now we use it sparingly.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We use it often but not in large amounts. We were not aware that it tastes like soap to some people.....until my wife heard about it and then it started tasting like soap to her. True story. Now we use it sparingly. 

It's a funny herb. It's polarizing to people. I didn't like it at all, but my wife did so I kept having to cook with it, and after a year or two it grew on me and I like it now.