James Palmer Jr: B1G POY

On 2/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, Red Five said:

Going down a google rabbit hole:

Nebraska has only had 5 1st team all conference players since 1990.  Can you name them?  (I thought we would have had more from our "glory days" under Nee in the 90s)

Reveal hidden contents

Eric Paitkowski - 93 & 94

Tyronn Lue - 98

Venson Hamilton - 99

Aleks Maric - 08

Terran  Petteway - 14

Nebraska has only had 2 conference players of the year in their history.  Can you name them?

Reveal hidden contents

Andre Smith - 1981

Venson Hamilton - 1999

http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5314152.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

On 2/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, Landlord said:

I guessed Petteway, Maric and Lue right. Go me!

I had Pike, Lue, Hamilton and Petteway; the kitten killer eluded me. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:12 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

Palmer has been a game changer for the Huskers. The biggest thing with him has been his leadership. He has taken games over when we need him but he also has taken a backseat in a few games when other guys are cruising. My biggest issue with Petteway was even on nights when he was cold he would keep shooting and shooting. We were either going to live or die because of TP... Palmer doesnt seem to have that problem.

I dont think Palmer will win B1G POY, but I also dont think he is that much of a long shot. Bates-Diop will probably win but I think Palmer should finish 3-5. Purdue has a few guys worth discussing but they also have a ton of talent and depth.

I hope JPJ stays one more year after this.

Stays one more year? His draft chances are highly unlikely

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Stays one more year? His draft chances are highly unlikely

So were Petteway's after his junior year but he left. What Palmer should do is declare, find out what the NBA advisory committee thinks he needs to work on come back and work on it over the summer.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-focuses-on--foot--karrington-davis-in/article_540492b6-4c3c-5245-aa6a-6179009c625e.html

The Big Ten scoring title in league play likely will come down to Sunday when Penn State guard Tony Carr (19.7 points) and Nebraska guard James Palmer (19.3) face off.

In the first matchup won by Penn State 76-74 in overtime, Carr hit the game-winning jumper with 2.7 seconds left. But he only made 5 of 21 shots (2 of 17 in regulation) on his way to 17 points.

Palmer had his worst game of the season against the Nittany Lions, hitting 1 of 9 shots and scoring five points in just 20 minutes of action. Since then, Palmer has scored 24, 19, 34, 18, 28, 28, 19, 15, 26, 13 and 15 points.

Though Indiana held Palmer four points under his average in 12 shots, Hoosiers coach Archie Miller tipped his cap to NU’s 6-6 junior.

“He’s a good player,’’ Miller said. “I thought for the most part we tried to make him earn everything. It’s hard, though. It’s hard to contain him.

“He’s big, he’s strong, he can score and he’s probably a first-team all-conference player.’’

• Plus1 1