Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't remember any distractions other than people (and probably the team, too) being way too excited about the Texas game.

14 hours ago, TheSker said:

I think the reference is to the story of the Cornhusker hotel.

Yea. that was the day of the alleged Cornhusker Hotel incident. 

19 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Was that the year he got turftoe by kicking a locker? 

No, he got hurt in the win against Missouri. After that they went to a lot of Wildcat with Rex and leaned on the D. If Martinez stays healthy, The team wins the Big XII and has a shot to get into the BCS title game IMO as the losses to A&M and OU become wins and they would have been 12-1. But if candy and nuts were if’s and buts.......

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Yea. that was the day of the alleged Cornhusker Hotel incident. 

Perhaps that had an impact on the team, but honestly I just think the team overhyped that game to the point of being tight. After demolishing K-Sucks in that Thursday night game, Bo had the video of the previous year’s 1 second loss to Texas played on the bus ride home. The team had a long week to prep and also think about revenge. I almost wonder if they had been better off playing K-Sucks on Saturday to shorten their prep time a bit.

37 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

No, he got hurt in the win against Missouri. After that they went to a lot of Wildcat with Rex and leaned on the D. If Martinez stays healthy, The team wins the Big XII and has a shot to get into the BCS title game IMO as the losses to A&M and OU become wins and they would have been 12-1. But if candy and nuts were if’s and buts.......

We wouldn't have gotten into the title game over Oregon and Auburn, but we would have beat the pants off UCONN in the Fiesta Bowl and ended the season ranked in the top 5.