Thunderin' Bolts vs North Dakota State

9 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think he also leads the team in SOs.

So ?  This isn't your dad's baseball game from the 60's or 70's or 80's.  

A strikeout is the same as a pop up or grounder to the mound, etc, etc.  

And pitchers have nasty pitches.  You striking out doesn't mean you are trying to go yard every swing. 

Bottom line is he overcame some previous at-bats, took a solid swing and jacked it out and Huskers won.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, admo said:

So ?  This isn't your dad's baseball game from the 60's or 70's or 80's.  

A strikeout is the same as a pop up or grounder to the mound, etc, etc.  

And pitchers have nasty pitches.  You striking out doesn't mean you are trying to go yard every swing. 

Bottom line is he overcame some previous at-bats, took a solid swing and jacked it out and Huskers won.  

I would not know as I played in the 90s & coached for several years after and that is the most absurd comment I've ever heard.

55 minutes ago, admo said:

@SouthLincoln Husker I will say that it would be nice to cut down on some of the strikeouts but will focus more on the 3-run homer, the win, and leave it at that.  Cheers

It's great to see more home runs & strike outs will happen.  Brice is a very good player, but he is an all or nothing batter at lead-off.  Plus, I'm not in the dugout to hear what the coaches say to him.  Less SOs with runners in scoring position would be a good thing!

16 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think he also leads the team in SOs.

and he also, by a huge margin, leads the team in errors.  he has committed 8 errors already this season with the next closest person on the team has committed 2.  His fielding percentage this year is terrible at 0.899!  Thankfully, the rest of the team has been fielding at a 0.981 clip.  Opponents are fielding at 0.968.  In reviewing the fielding stats for Brice i found it interesting that in

2021 (obviously shortened season) he was tied for the "lead" in errors, but only with 6 over the entire season (0.954 fielding %).  As a whole the team committed only 36 errors and had a fielding % of 0.979.

In 2022, Brice again lead the team in errors (15 total) with again a very low fielding % of 0.921.  the next closest player had 9 errors.  The team fielding % dropped to 0.969 in 2022.  It should be noted that the majority of these 15 errors were committed in the first half of the season and he cleaned it up towards the end.

I really like Brice as a player and hopes he turns around his fielding.  Giving up easy outs and extending innings by not making routine plays is a recipe for losing close games, not making post-season play, etc.  I think Brice will almost certainly get drafted this year, but will help his draft status immensely if he cleaned up his play in the field (i know, obvious statement).

old man rant time "DEFENSE TRAVELS" and "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!" 

2 hours ago, Pasadena Husker said:

and he also, by a huge margin, leads the team in errors.  he has committed 8 errors already this season with the next closest person on the team has committed 2.  His fielding percentage this year is terrible at 0.899!  Thankfully, the rest of the team has been fielding at a 0.981 clip.  Opponents are fielding at 0.968.  In reviewing the fielding stats for Brice i found it interesting that in

2021 (obviously shortened season) he was tied for the "lead" in errors, but only with 6 over the entire season (0.954 fielding %).  As a whole the team committed only 36 errors and had a fielding % of 0.979.

In 2022, Brice again lead the team in errors (15 total) with again a very low fielding % of 0.921.  the next closest player had 9 errors.  The team fielding % dropped to 0.969 in 2022.  It should be noted that the majority of these 15 errors were committed in the first half of the season and he cleaned it up towards the end.

I really like Brice as a player and hopes he turns around his fielding.  Giving up easy outs and extending innings by not making routine plays is a recipe for losing close games, not making post-season play, etc.  I think Brice will almost certainly get drafted this year, but will help his draft status immensely if he cleaned up his play in the field (i know, obvious statement).

old man rant time "DEFENSE TRAVELS" and "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!" 

You didn't play shortstop and you aren't him.

American Psycho Smug GIF - AmericanPsycho Smug - Discover & Share GIFs

• Plus1 1