2024 Season Notes

While I think Christo is the much better arm for the Sunday slot, I like what we saw from Walsh. I think Christo is too much like Sears and MM, that is a good change of pace to see a crafty lefty on Sunday. Hopefully Bolt moves Christo to the midweek and able to pick up some much needed midweek Ws moving forward. 

42 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

While I think Christo is the much better arm for the Sunday slot, I like what we saw from Walsh. I think Christo is too much like Sears and MM, that is a good change of pace to see a crafty lefty on Sunday. Hopefully Bolt moves Christo to the midweek and able to pick up some much needed midweek Ws moving forward. 

Christo has not got through the 3rd inning on the last 2 starts.  He is not like Sears.  Not even close.

So.... Warren Nolan Conference Predictions continues to predict Nebraska to win the conference and also reaching the 40 win mark. Fingers crossed baby!! Need to win the KU game and the Iowa series!! GBR!!!!

and honestly, when looking at the standings, I can see the reasons. 

1. The Huskers are expected to lose 1 game to either Iowa or Indiana (both home series)

2. Minny and Michigan State haven't shown they have the pitching to match Nebraska. 

3. KU, KSU, S. Dakota St. are all winnable (especially in a deeper ball park that often holds the long balls, especially with the winds we've had of late.)

Lastly, the schedule is favorable in terms of traveling. The Huskers have of the 4 series remaining the 2 most threatening at home. It's hard to sweep a team as the Creighton series has shown over the last few years and so I hope that continues. KSU will be a dog fight "if" they chose for it to be as they have pitching depth. This weekend they play TCU, they travel to Lincoln and then home against KU. Still, it's a home game which favors the Huskers. 

So, yes.. I can make an argument for winning the conference and hitting the 40 win mark. Question is, do I believe it?

Nolan Conference Predicted Finish.png

• Plus1 1