S Braylen Prude

HuskerBoard Predictor  

8 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Prude commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I think that Brayden Prude speaks to where the staff sees where Nebraska is as a program in recruiting and what is needed to take the next step.

Brayden Prude is a truly exceptional athlete. His size and movement skills are rare. Physically, Prude looks and moves like Obi Melifonwu and Pat Watkins. Nebraska needs athletes like Prude and our staff feels like we need to be ahead of other teams in getting these guys because our program isn’t in a position to make up ground in recruiting yet. The staff felt is was important to get Prude before other schools get the chance to evaluate him.

If you watch his game against Westfield; you’ll see (#21) athleticism on special teams (opening kickoff), lack of form tackling leading to a big gain (1:00), and then losing his coverage responsibility and allowing an easy TD (1:21).

What you will also see is Prude making three plays in a row inside the 10 to force a field goal by laying the wood on a RB, using his speed to cut of the edge, and then using his agility to break up a pass (3:28). That is what we are trying to harness. He is an incredible athlete with an NFL ceiling if things click. That’s why 247 has him ranked as an 88.

It’s obviously a gamble and he’s more likely to be a Lester Ward than a Stanley Jean-Baptiste but that’s where our program is at right now.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At 6'5", maybe he will bulk up to be a true OLB?  Seems really tall for a DB.

That is my thought.  I would guess if he gets over 200 pounds, he'll probably slide down.

Though, like I said, I wonder if their Rover position is technically a safety but will play a lot down towards the LOS, especially against heavier sets.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That is my thought.  I would guess if he gets over 200 pounds, he'll probably slide down.

Though, like I said, I wonder if their Rover position is technically a safety but will play a lot down towards the LOS, especially against heavier sets.

As I said earlier in this thread, I see a potential Isaiah Simmons athlete. He was a freak of nature at 6’5 and played safety as well as a cover LB. He is now with the Cardinals switching from a Swiss Army knife LB to a DB after 3 seasons. Prude can add strength to his frame and play all over on defense. I like this commitment a lot…

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• Mavric changed the title to S Braylen Prude