Bob Wager resigns…

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Umm no dude.  Wager is lucky he didn’t kill someone while behind the wheel. His actions don’t deserve a second chance at NU. He can go back to Texas and hopefully learn from this, but his time at NU is rightfully done. 

Does this open up a position for Mickey to return?

I joke. I joke :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

It seems like every offseason we have to deal with something like this; the guy couldn't even make it to Week 1. 

It got dealt with promptly and I don’t think he was here long enough to be saying “we”. I have trouble thinking this is any sort of Nebraska problem. It will blow over and be forgotten quickly. But yeah, it would be best if this sort of s#!t stopped happening.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It got dealt with promptly and I don’t think he was here long enough to be saying “we”. I have trouble thinking this is any sort of Nebraska problem. It will blow over and be forgotten quickly. But yeah, it would be best if this sort of s#!t stopped happening.

You are exactly right. The only way this would have been an issue for the program is if Wager was somehow kept on the staff.

Wager screwed up big-time, and Rhule and Trev acted swiftly. Wager is gone, and a new guy was promoted to full time staff. I doubt we will even be thinking about this once training camp starts. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are exactly right. The only way this would have been an issue for the program is if Wager was somehow kept on the staff.

Wager screwed up big-time, and Rhule and Trev acted swiftly. Wager is gone, and a new guy was promoted to full time staff. I doubt we will even be thinking about this once training camp starts. 

Yep. Wager has to be thinking WTH did I do? He was a HC in TX HS football and his first shot at college ball was a big step up and he blows it to hell in less than 8 months without ever actually coaching in a real game. :facepalm:

Guy might need professional help.

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep. Wager has to be thinking WTH did I do? He was a HC in TX HS football and his first shot at college ball was a big step up and he blows it to hell in less than 8 months without ever actually coaching in a real game. :facepalm:

Guy might need professional help.

Couldn't he just have identified as sober?

Like every married guy?  "What...I am not drunk, my god, stop"

• TBH 3

Just now, teachercd said:

Couldn't he just have identified as sober?

At .15…no, he couldn’t. :lol:

I got a DWI in Lincoln (14th Street directly east of the stadium) back in my freshman year. Had only been on campus a few months. I blew .12 and I wasn’t feeling any pain. Definitely should not have been driving and I should’ve known better. BTW, I haven’t driven drunk since. That was 81 or 82. Those classes did some good.

I don’t want to make any excuses but that was right before they really started cracking down on drunk driving. I had actually just left our fraternity to return to a party at the Cherry Hut. I was still a minor and we had drinks in the car. When the cop lights came on, we thought it best to chug our drinks to get rid of evidence. Well, I chugged mine and my passenger threw his out his window and it hit the front quarter panel of the cop car. Unfortunately our “drinks” were very full red solo cups containing about 75% Jack and 25% coke. Had been drinking beer but the keg beer was at the Cherry Hut and had to fill the cup up with something at the house. The legal limit at that time was .10. I prob would’ve made it under had I not drained 16 ozs of basically straight bourbon in 5 seconds. But the point is, you damn well know you’re drunk in the .08 to .10 neighborhood. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I got a DWI in Lincoln (14th Street directly east of the stadium) back in my freshman year. Had only been on campus a few months. I blew .12 and I wasn’t feeling any pain. Definitely should not have been driving and I should’ve known better. BTW, I haven’t driven drunk since. That was 81 or 82. Those classes did some good.

I don’t want to make any excuses but that was right before they really started cracking down on drunk driving. I had actually just left our fraternity to return to a party at the Cherry Hut. I was still a minor and we had drinks in the car. When the cop lights came on, we thought it best to chug our drinks to get rid of evidence. Well, I chugged mine and my passenger threw his out his window and it hit the front quarter panel of the cop car. Unfortunately our “drinks” were very full red solo cups containing about 75% Jack and 25% coke. Had been drinking beer but the keg beer was at the Cherry Hut and had to fill the cup up with something at the house. The legal limit at that time was .10. I prob would’ve made it under had I not drained 16 ozs of basically straight bourbon in 5 seconds. But the point is, you damn well know you’re drunk in the .08 to .10 neighborhood. 

What is the Cheery Hut???

And, identifying as something is a "feeling" so you can always do it!!!  Ha!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

In college, I volunteered to help the Nebraska State Patrol with the field testing for drunk driving for new patrolmen. They put us in a hotel room for a few hours, with whatever we wanted to drink. They monitored our BAC on an hourly basis to make sure we weren’t gonna kill ourselves with alcohol poisoning. After a few hours of drinking approximately 8-10 beers, they cut me off at .16 or .18. Needless to say, trying to “pass” the field tests was nearly impossible. If Wager was anywhere near that BAC, with an open beer in his center console, he is beyond stupid. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What is the Cheery Hut???

And, identifying as something is a "feeling" so you can always do it!!!  Ha!

Cherry Hut. I’m sure it’s been gone for years. It was like an old bar/dance hall except they rented it out for parties. I think. It was on Cornhusker highway kinda just north/northwest of campus. It’s all a bit fuzzy. If you were there, you were likely inebriated.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Cherry Hut. I’m sure it’s been gone for years. It was like an old bar/dance hall except they rented it out for parties. I think. It was on Cornhusker highway kinda just north/northwest of campus. It’s all a bit fuzzy. If you were there, you were likely inebriated.

Teach and I were at UNL in the mid-90s (you’re welcome for those 3 Natties) and I think there was a big dance hall in that area called The Grove. Like you mentioned, if you were there, you probably weren’t sober. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same location, with different owners/name. 

• Plus1 1