Duke v Clemson

I am I

Blue Devils win 

they legitimately beat Clemson. 

gaw dang, how can some teams do these things and how do some teams “surprise the world” (CU v TCU). 

but if my left foot is cut off and I had a dying wish that my Cornhuskers would win one f’ing game at all, AT ALL, but we can’t pull a rabbit out of the hat since we came back against tOSU some decade ago…

I’m so puzzled at our ineptitude. Like, legit puzzled at how bad we are at just f’ing winning a game or two here and there. Close win, upset win, should win but close win, easy win, hard win but got it done, etc etc. 

why can’t we just win some f’ing games?? 

I’m resigned to just watch and enjoy. Win or lose. Love my Cornhuskers, all good I’m down for life. But damn, can we win one f’ing game just to feel good and move on to the next possible win? 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

Huskers vs Mich State ( big upset with Riley, and pulled out a win with Frost)

Iowa last year

Penn State during covid

hasnt happened a lot, Huskers average only 4 wins a season in the past 6 years.  But some of those have been upsets and/or close games.  

It’s been rough, but it hasn’t been a decade.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Huskers vs Mich State ( big upset with Riley, and pulled out a win with Frost)

Iowa last year

Penn State during covid

hasnt happened a lot, Huskers average only 4 wins a season in the past 6 years.  But some of those have been upsets and/or close games.  

It’s been rough, but it hasn’t been a decade.

Riley's 2015 win against #6 Michigan State was a legit upset.

That Penn State team we beat in 2020 started 0-5 and ended 4-5. 

Last year's largely meaningless finale against 6-5 Iowa felt pretty good, despite the Huskers almost giving away a 24 point lead. 

Bo Pelini had the worst record against ranked teams of all but a couple coaches during his tenure. Somebody wanted to claim the 2011 Ohio State game as an upset, but that was a 6-7 team that just lost its star quarterback.  

So yeah, it's been rough.

The hardest thing to figure is that 2021 season where we took better teams and ranked teams down to the wire every Saturday, just missing out on the upset. But that's where the legend of Nebraska always finding a way to lose took hold.

41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Riley's 2015 win against #6 Michigan State was a legit upset.

That Penn State team we beat in 2020 started 0-5 and ended 4-5. 

Last year's largely meaningless finale against 6-5 Iowa felt pretty good, despite the Huskers almost giving away a 24 point lead. 

Bo Pelini had the worst record against ranked teams of all but a couple coaches during his tenure. Somebody wanted to claim the 2011 Ohio State game as an upset, but that was a 6-7 team that just lost its star quarterback.  

So yeah, it's been rough.

The hardest thing to figure is that 2021 season where we took better teams and ranked teams down to the wire every Saturday, just missing out on the upset. But that's where the legend of Nebraska always finding a way to lose took hold.

The post I responded to alluded to the fact that upsets NEVER happened and the Huskers haven't squeaked out against equal competition in a decade.

Duke did beat Clemson, but Duke isn't quite the Duke of old. Elko has those guys playing very well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's an SEC HC very soon. They were a 9 win team last year...(Clemson was 11). So it's not like they're the 3-4 win team of the past.

However, that being said. Clemson was atrocious last night. 5 redzone visits for 7 points. I personally feel like Dabo's policy of hiring former players with no experience is catching up with us. 

18 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

Not only did Clemson get thoroughly beat, they looked...slow. I saw Duke wide receivers running right past them. Even Clemson's wideouts didn't look especially fast.

I think Clemson's days of challenging for a national championship are over; at least under Dabo. He really has to hit the recruiting trail.

We've had WR problems for the past few years. Unfortunately nothing new there. 

• Plus1 1