What do you do to challenge yourself

Just curious if there is anyone does outside of root for the huskers that they do to challenge themselves.  I have a special needs kid and she has been trying to see how fast she can put puzzles together so that got me thinking about what some others do.

I do intermittent fasting.  Sometimes its very hard to go 2-3 days with without eating but by the time you get to the end you feel very fulfilled.  

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Just curious if there is anyone does outside of root for the huskers that they do to challenge themselves.  I have a special needs kid and she has been trying to see how fast she can put puzzles together so that got me thinking about what some others do.

I do intermittent fasting.  Sometimes its very hard to go 2-3 days with without eating but by the time you get to the end you feel very fulfilled.  

I think it’s very important to keep challenging yourself. I’d say I do it several ways. 

1) physically, I grew up waterskiing (slalom). I really want to get back to being able to do it. (56 years old) I can wake board and still snow ski but, I can’t physically get up on one ski anymore. It pisses me off. It just pulls to hard on my hands and arms. So, I’m committed to do whatever it takes by next spring to get strong enough. It’s also my motivation to stay healthy, keep biking a lot and watch what I eat. (Can’t run anymore due to knee issues)

2) cooking. I love finding great restaurant meals and trying to be able to cook them at home. And, now it’s more around healthy great food. 

3) golf…do I really need to say more?  

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 10:16 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I think it’s very important to keep challenging yourself. I’d say I do it several ways. 

1) physically, I grew up waterskiing (slalom). I really want to get back to being able to do it. (56 years old) I can wake board and still snow ski but, I can’t physically get up on one ski anymore. It pisses me off. It just pulls to hard on my hands and arms. So, I’m committed to do whatever it takes by next spring to get strong enough. It’s also my motivation to stay healthy, keep biking a lot and watch what I eat. (Can’t run anymore due to knee issues)

2) cooking. I love finding great restaurant meals and trying to be able to cook them at home. And, now it’s more around healthy great food. 

3) golf…do I really need to say more?  

I totally got into cooking about a year ago.  I love it.  It is fun!

I used to golf a lot more, I wish I still did.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:43 PM, Stone Cold said:

What kind of special needs, if you don't mind me asking?

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Golf. Anywhere, anytime. I love going to new courses and challenging myself to post a good score when/where I've never played before.

Oh...and 36 years of marriage. :lol:

4 more years than me….you must be a lot older. :D

Something that pisses me off about golf, I can not play a new course well. It might not be any harder than my home course, but I will suck. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

4 more years than me….you must be a lot older. :D

Something that pisses me off about golf, I can not play a new course well. It might not be any harder than my home course, but I will suck. 

I do too sometimes, but more times than not I shoot better than expected. Never 2-3 over or anything crazy like that, but often in the 80s.

Went to Bandon Dunes in May. That trip was NOT one of my best.