MLB 2024

On 11/5/2023 at 7:42 PM, BigRedBuster said:

There is absolutely no way this is he happening. But, it would be awesome. 

This would be reeeeaally cool if happens.  I can see it.

But, there is just one dope reason why the OG won't sign with the Chicago Cubs....................  

@BigRedBusterLet me know if you want to know why? 

7eaedf96df6b86de96e37dc5eeb5f476.jpg

On 11/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, admo said:

This would be reeeeaally cool if happens.  I can see it.

But, there is just one dope reason why the OG won't sign with the Chicago Cubs....................  

@BigRedBusterLet me know if you want to know why? 

7eaedf96df6b86de96e37dc5eeb5f476.jpg

I’ve actually cooled on the idea. I’m hearing that he might not ever pitch again. And, then he’s basically then just a DH. 

I’m not sure he’s worth what he’s going to get when you could go out and get either really good pitching or good position players that can hit. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve actually cooked on the idea. I’m hearing that he might not ever pitch again. And, then he’s basically then just a DH. 

I’m not sure he’s worth what he’s going to get when you could go out and get either really good pitching or good position players that can hit. 

Thank you, yeah I knew you would think it over.  Great player, great hitter.  But without pitching, a lot of guys are putting up big bat numbers and getting a lot less.  I don't know if he ever will pitch again, but I heard not for 2 years for sure.  So is the price still right for 45 homers, 120 ribbies, and .275 average?  Plus, a lot of hitters need time to adjust to new strike zones and new pitchers when they change leagues (AL/NL and vice versa).  Good luck and it would be cool if he became a Cub.  But IMHO, if the Cubbies have the money they should look at winning it all - and pitching is what matters most.

43 minutes ago, admo said:

Thank you, yeah I knew you would think it over.  Great player, great hitter.  But without pitching, a lot of guys are putting up big bat numbers and getting a lot less.  I don't know if he ever will pitch again, but I heard not for 2 years for sure.  So is the price still right for 45 homers, 120 ribbies, and .275 average?  Plus, a lot of hitters need time to adjust to new strike zones and new pitchers when they change leagues (AL/NL and vice versa).  Good luck and it would be cool if he became a Cub.  But IMHO, if the Cubbies have the money they should look at winning it all - and pitching is what matters most.

My fear is that the Rickets are looking at all the excitement around him that will bring them more money…..but doesn’t make the club better.