Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

Couple other interesting things - DL slanted the wrong way on the run Maryland broke on the final drive. You could definitely tell there was some kind of bust, but I figured it was alignment. 

Also talked about Gabe Ervin being 240 lbs and running people over this time next year, which would be fun to see. 

And pointed out that not only was Kemp open up the seam on the first INT, but Fidone was too and the throw just sailed.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Fans expecting Satterfield to be fired after the dumpster fire we have had with the offensive roster were being unrealistic.  Yes, a big piece (Sims) of that dumpster fire was created by Rhule, but Satterfield has been asked to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. Rhule is going to give him at least one more season to improve the offense.

I do agree with those who think that a real QB coach should be brought in, so that allows Satterfield to coach TE’s and be more of a walk-around OC like the original plan was. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Fans expecting Satterfield to be fired after the dumpster fire we have had with the offensive roster were being unrealistic.  Yes, a big piece (Sims) of that dumpster fire was created by Rhule, but Satterfield has been asked to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. Rhule is going to give him at least one more season to improve the offense.

I do agree with those who think that a real QB coach should be brought in, so that allows Satterfield to coach TE’s and be more of a walk-around OC like the original plan was. 

I'm not sure that was really the original plan but I agree with your first paragraph.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  Maybe it puts an added spark into our defense to hold them away from the other end of the field.  It would have put more pressure on Maryland's offense.  But, if Maryland does the same thing, we are into overtime.  Maybe, Maryland goes for the win on 4th down and wins in regulation.

39 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I disagree that a win against Maryland was assured with a FG, but it puts NU in a much better position to win the game.

Fru used the word "probably" in his original statement:

45 minutes ago, Fru said:

Playing it simple there probably gets this programs first bowl appearance in 6 years.

"Probably" doesn't mean "assured" or "definitely."        :)