Thunderin' Bolts vs South Alabama

I kind of wanted Sears to go 9, but after another longish inning at the plate thus another long layover for Brett in the bottom of the 8th, coupled with Kyle Froehlich coming off some kind of minor injury and needing some work, I am once again exposed as a moron :nanalama So far, Sears is spinning something for the books. 28 strike outs to 2 walks in 4 starts.

Good game, just wish they had come out ready last night. Come out angry tomorrow, too.

• Plus1 2

Yep, I actually expected this.. sitting here and watching our guys warm up.. They didn't come in to win a game. I think most would rather be home playing video games. Pathetic start on series win day. I think I'm a jinx as every time I'm at hay market it seems the team plays way below their potential. Buddy sitting beside me just told me he thinks maybe I should leave. lol

Ugh!!!! Come on guys, no 6 run inning please

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Yep, I actually expected this.. sitting here and watching our guys warm up.. They didn't come in to win a game. I think most would rather be home playing video games. Pathetic start on series win day. I think I'm a jinx as every time I'm at hay market it seems the team plays way below their potential. Buddy sitting beside me just told me he thinks maybe I should leave. lol

Ugh!!!! Come on guys, no 6 run inning please

Did you leave or switch seats? Bc here we go !!

37 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Ty Horn made some good pitches today and should get more chances to start. Can't believe how bad the defense was behind him.

Agree. Glad he didn’t get saddled with the loss. Defense gave him little chance. I didn’t get to follow the game today, but was getting updates from buddies. Glad we found a way ….AGAIN

• Plus1 1

I was there. I heard a lot of "again" and "ugh" comments. The crowd though was in the game. Hay Market is awesome, especially for kids. First, about Horn... Freshman jitters but in all pitched well enough. Infield can't keep making these mistakes. It's cost us twice and nearly did again. Carey is to hot and cold and his errors are simply unexcusable. Either tell him to fix his focus or sit for a game or two. Stone's error happened on a player playing out of position so fans can live with that. Carey on the other hand, just no!! Pitching is ok.. sears should be moved to Friday, Christo to Saturday. (I think Sears handles stress better.) Overall, I greatly enjoyed the pings of the bats, the rally, eating peanuts and my buddy heckling me thru the first 3 innings. The biggest positive for me today is... I was at the ballpark eating hotdogs and yelling at umps.. 

Good win in spite of my jinx. Bolt was not happy with defense in the first and he did have some choice words with the fellas. That's baseball baby and it was GOOD!!! HUSKERS WIN & take the series. Old man me can sit back and enjoy the rest of the day. Bolt & Company.. Thank You for the near heart attack multiple times but also for just never giving in. Two more this midweek baby and I'm anxiously waiting.

33 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I was there. I heard a lot of "again" and "ugh" comments. The crowd though was in the game. Hay Market is awesome, especially for kids. First, about Horn... Freshman jitters but in all pitched well enough. Infield can't keep making these mistakes. It's cost us twice and nearly did again. Carey is to hot and cold and his errors are simply unexcusable. Either tell him to fix his focus or sit for a game or two. Stone's error happened on a player playing out of position so fans can live with that. Carey on the other hand, just no!! Pitching is ok.. sears should be moved to Friday, Christo to Saturday. (I think Sears handles stress better.) Overall, I greatly enjoyed the pings of the bats, the rally, eating peanuts and my buddy heckling me thru the first 3 innings. The biggest positive for me today is... I was at the ballpark eating hotdogs and yelling at umps.. 

Good win in spite of my jinx. Bolt was not happy with defense in the first and he did have some choice words with the fellas. That's baseball baby and it was GOOD!!! HUSKERS WIN & take the series. Old man me can sit back and enjoy the rest of the day. Bolt & Company.. Thank You for the near heart attack multiple times but also for just never giving in. Two more this midweek baby and I'm anxiously waiting.

Glad that they overcame your jinx!  You are spot on imo. Sears will more than likely be moved back to Friday. I think Bolt wanted to give Christo a shot, for various reasons and it kept Sears on his early season 7 day rest/recovery. Early on, he is clearly our best pitcher at this point. The team is more confident with him on the mound, bc as one freshman put it… “ Sears just doesn’t give a f@(k what people think about him…. He just throws”…. This would fit exactly into your thought of him handling the pressure better and being able to respond after a double or HR. 

Nice to win another weekend series and probably another rpi boost

• Plus1 1