Protests/Rally?

I know we have a lot of different posters here with different backgrounds and different views, so I was wondering which protests have you been involved with?

I don't mean flying a Ukrainian flag or liking a post, I mean physically showing up at a protest or rally.

I have never been a part of one.  In person, I really have only seen a few, where I was right there and could hear/see it going on.  

What about all of you?

• Plus1 1

Just now, JJ Husker said:

I was in an all campus snowball fight back in the 80s. Me and another guy actually started it. Resulted in a handful of arrests and numerous student health visits. Does that count?

Hmmmm, was it like...anti-snow?  

If not, I don't think it counts!

I walked by a UNL protest of Columbus Day...it was like 8-12 goofs that were calling it genocide day and passing out some stuff.

• Plus1 1

Ohhh i was "sort of" part of a walk-out to end gun violence about 5 years ago I think?  

We had some students walk out to try and end gun violence and I could not walk out with them because I was teaching but I did "work" on their behalf to help them not get in trouble for walking out.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hmmmm, was it like...anti-snow?  

If not, I don't think it counts!

I walked by a UNL protest of Columbus Day...it was like 8-12 goofs that were calling it genocide day and passing out some stuff.

It was sort of anti-dormie? We started it by throwing snowballs at the first few floors of windows on Pound. Yeah I know that doesn’t count.

There was some big Iranian student protest where they were marching down 17th or 16th or Q street. I totally missed it.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ohhh i was "sort of" part of a walk-out to end gun violence about 5 years ago I think?  

We had some students walk out to try and end gun violence and I could not walk out with them because I was teaching but I did "work" on their behalf to help them not get in trouble for walking out.

Rabble rouser :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

It was sort of anti-dormie? We started it by throwing snowballs at the first few floors of windows on Pound. Yeah I know that doesn’t count.

There was some big Iranian student protest where they were marching down 17th or 16th or Q street. I totally missed it.

Rabble rouser :lol:

I think if I remember we had 4 students walk out.  So, that helped!  Ha

Greek vs Dorm...I allow it!

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think if I remember we had 4 students walk out.  So, that helped!  Ha

Greek vs Dorm...I allow it!

Hey it got serious. 400-500 people involved. LPD dispatched riot units. The cops pulled in between the 2 groups and then everybody started throwing at them. They got back in their cars, backed away and waited for it to die down. Then when it was over they arrested a few stragglers…prob uninvolved people walking home from the library :lol:

• Worth a Look 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey it got serious. 400-500 people involved. LPD dispatched riot units. The cops pulled in between the 2 groups and then everybody started throwing at them. They got back in their cars, backed away and waited for it to die down. Then when it was over they arrested a few stragglers…prob uninvolved people walking home from the library :lol:

Ha!  Oh my god, that is what college experiences are about!  All these years later you remember it!

Did you get cuffed? 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I was in an all campus snowball fight back in the 80s. Me and another guy actually started it. Resulted in a handful of arrests and numerous student health visits. Does that count?

I actually remember that. 

I was not there. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

Just watched a few protests in regards to backwater Missouri/Westboro preachers that came to Pittsburg State. Pretty hilarious how mad people get about others expressing views which you can simply walk away from.

/I was also once handed a stack of textbooks by a traveling monk on campus on the way to my O-Chem class. Funny times! 

• Worth a Look 1
Just now, Decked said:

Just watched a few protests in regards to backwater Missouri/Westboro preachers that came to Pittsburg State. Pretty hilarious how mad people get about others expressing views. 

I think even our most nutso posters here are against Westboro, but then again, who knows!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I think even our most nutso posters here are against Westboro, but then again, who knows!

The westboro and Missouri Baptist preachers started condemning each other to hell. Epic moment. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1