I have been looking at getting one.  

Looking to get one of the ones that gets up to 700+ degrees to cook those pizzas in 3 minutes or so.

Anyone have one?  Indoor?  Outdoor?

I have used them before and loved the end results.  An outdoor electric one, which I like for the ease of just turning it on and setting the temp.  No propane or anything like that.  

If you do have one do you use it often or does it end up just being another appliance that sits there?

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have been looking at getting one.  

Looking to get one of the ones that gets up to 700+ degrees to cook those pizzas in 3 minutes or so.

Anyone have one?  Indoor?  Outdoor?

I have used them before and loved the end results.  An outdoor electric one, which I like for the ease of just turning it on and setting the temp.  No propane or anything like that.  

If you do have one do you use it often or does it end up just being another appliance that sits there?

They look fun to have when you make pizza.  But, how often to you make pizza?  Or...how often do you think you would make pizza if you had one?

To me, it seems like something that I'd use a few times a year and the rest of the time it would take up space in the garage.  Then, when I want to use it, I'd have to clean it from all the dust and spiders.

I make pizza just on my gas grill that I like just fine.

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They look fun to have when you make pizza.  But, how often to you make pizza?  Or...how often do you think you would make pizza if you had one?

To me, it seems like something that I'd use a few times a year and the rest of the time it would take up space in the garage.  Then, when I want to use it, I'd have to clean it from all the dust and spiders.

I make pizza just on my gas grill that I like just fine.

See, that is my concern.

I THINK I would use it a lot, once a week or so.

I no longer have a grill since I got a griddle.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

See, that is my concern.

I THINK I would use it a lot, once a week or so.

I no longer have a grill since I got a griddle.  

Seems like a griddle would work really well for pizza.

I don't have a pizza oven but some friends have the Ooni brand that they like.

13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Seems like a griddle would work really well for pizza.

I don't have a pizza oven but some friends have the Ooni brand that they like.

The griddle is not bad for pizza.  

I hear the Ooni is awesome!    

• Plus1 1

I think my SIL got a grill-top pizza oven for my FIL last year. Seemed like they used it a lot at first but I haven't heard of them using it much lately

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think my SIL got a grill-top pizza oven for my FIL last year. Seemed like they used it a lot at first but I haven't heard of them using it much lately

Saw those!

I sort of like the idea of an indoor electric one, I feel like I would use that the most.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Saw those!

I sort of like the idea of an indoor electric one, I feel like I would use that the most.

Yeah I don't love the idea of standing outside in the cold

I remember the cool kids in college had a Pizza Pizzazz

50ba901f-b763-4bac-b0da-61d56dc66dc5.d3d

• Fire 3

Bit the bullet and got one today.  Cuisinart 3-1 pizza oven.

Not bad but not great.  It says it gets to 700 but I think 630's (like my credit score) is more accurate.

So, what is the big deal with that difference?  Well, 700 and up you are cooking in 3 minutes.  600-630ish...8-9 minutes.  

I added in some adjustments to see if I can get to and keep it at 700 so we will see.  

It was 200 dollars.  I sort of wish now I had just got the 300 dollar Ninja Woodfire one which I have used before and have cooked pizza in 3 minutes.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Bit the bullet and got one today.  Cuisinart 3-1 pizza oven.

Not bad but not great.  It says it gets to 700 but I think 630's (like my credit score) is more accurate.

So, what is the big deal with that difference?  Well, 700 and up you are cooking in 3 minutes.  600-630ish...8-9 minutes.  

I added in some adjustments to see if I can get to and keep it at 700 so we will see.  

It was 200 dollars.  I sort of wish now I had just got the 300 dollar Ninja Woodfire one which I have used before and have cooked pizza in 3 minutes.

Is it electric, gas, or wood fired?

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Gas...

My friend has the electric Ninja and it is awesome.  When it hits 700 it really means 700.  We do pizza in 3 minutes, period.  

The wood fired ones are crazy hot, 900+ degrees.  But I sort of got jumpy today and grabbed one at the store instead of just hitting up FB marketplace and getting an old used Ooni

It is not that the one that I got is bad and I do think I get get it closer to 700 but there is just something about that 3 minute cook time that makes the pizza soooooo good.

This is sort of what I do though, my Mom instilled so much guilt about buying anything at all that I end up trying to save some money and buy the cheaper version.  

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Didn't you say your friends had an Ooni?  Did you happen to try pizza from it and if so, what did you think?

That heat just changes everything.  That electric Ninja was great, really kept a high temp.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, teachercd said:

That heat just changes everything.  That electric Ninja was great, really kept a high temp.

Does the electric Ninja use wood pellets? I was just glancing at their website

• Worth a Look 1
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Does the electric Ninja use wood pellets? I was just glancing at their website

Yep! 

It has a little side compartment for the pellets.  It doesn't seem to use a lot of pellets.  It does seem to create a very consistent heat though, unlike mine which is propane.

• Plus1 1