Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

We should probably just stay home.

I never said that. If NU plays perfectly, and USC is not sharp, NU certainly can win. But it has been years since NU has played perfectly, and USC has SO much. I find the quote that if "Bowman hadn't went down, I would give NU a 60-70% chance of winning...." the most idiodic and illogical statement I have ever heard.

In 10 days we will know how right or wrong you are. If the Huskers pull the shocker and beat the Trojans, will you then believe that this team is for real, or will you still be the turd in the punch bowl for the remainder of the season? Just curious. I am not sold on this team going out to Pasadena and showing them what's up, but I give them more of a chance then "being lucky to keep it to 3 TD's".

I was suprised that NU played as well as it did against Tech, and it seems as if the momentum gained late last year has carried over well into this year. But USC is a different animal. All I have to say is it is well more likely that NU will GET blown out, then it is likely that they will blow out USC.

If NU comes out with a good win, I will certainly believe in this team.

IMO, it is highly unlikely that NU will win, but that's why you play the game.

We should probably just stay home.

I never said that. If NU plays perfectly, and USC is not sharp, NU certainly can win. But it has been years since NU has played perfectly, and USC has SO much. I find the quote that if "Bowman hadn't went down, I would give NU a 60-70% chance of winning...." the most idiodic and illogical statement I have ever heard.

In 10 days we will know how right or wrong you are. If the Huskers pull the shocker and beat the Trojans, will you then believe that this team is for real, or will you still be the turd in the punch bowl for the remainder of the season? Just curious. I am not sold on this team going out to Pasadena and showing them what's up, but I give them more of a chance then "being lucky to keep it to 3 TD's".

I was suprised that NU played as well as it did against Tech, and it seems as if the momentum gained late last year has carried over well into this year. But USC is a different animal. All I have to say is it is well more likely that NU will GET blown out, then it is likely that they will blow out USC.

:dumdum:dumdum

You were surprised that NU did so good. Imagine that.

I was suprised that NU played as well as it did against Tech, and it seems as if the momentum gained late last year has carried over well into this year.

Definitely. I was as well, pleasantly surprised. La Tech isn't necessarily OU or UT, but I put them on par with the lower half of the Big XII(BU, OSU, KSU, CU, KU).

But USC is a different animal.

That's no joke. Aside from Texas last year in the Rose Bowl, this NU team could be the best team that USC has faced since Notre Dame. A tall task, but USC left way too many teams hang around last season to think that they are invincible.

All I have to say is it is well more likely that NU will GET blown out, then it is likely that they will blow out USC.

I'd agree with that sentiment, since it is in their backyard. However, I don't think either of those scenarios will play out.

Yes, that is why they play the games. NU definitely has a huge obstacle to overcome, but if they come in with a full head of steam and ready to play, I can't say that USC's talent will carry them past. We'll see.

Ok Maybe I missed it But I have not seen anyone else point this out yet.

USC from What I know is playing a Quarter back that last year was a Redshirt. I will admit he looked like he knew what he was doing on the field aginst Arkansas. HOWEVER How will he react when The NU defense throws his timing off by putting him under pressure. I have noticed that Nebraska Has been good at puting the opposing teams QB under pressure. I honestly think If our Defense can get in there and Harass him I think we could possibly cause some fumbles and pull off the upset

Remember folks, what goes in must come out, and what goes up must come down. USC is not going to stay on top forever. Now we may not be the team that ends their outstanding regular season run but we have just as good of a shot as most other teams out there. Its not going to be easy to go into SoCal and pull off the upset but the first thing that we have to do is believe. I for one think that we can do. It may take a little luck, but a win is a win none the less. GO HUSKERS! :restore

Remember folks, what goes in must come out, and what goes up must come down. USC is not going to stay on top forever. Now we may not be the team that ends their outstanding regular season run but we have just as good of a shot as most other teams out there. Its not going to be easy to go into SoCal and pull off the upset but the first thing that we have to do is believe. I for one think that we can do. It may take a little luck, but a win is a win none the less. GO HUSKERS! :restore

:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:cheers

I agree with most of what you said, but I find this paragraph to be interesting-

3.) Bill Callahan idolicizes what USC has done and wants to beat them more than any other team. This is THE game for him. I know someone who is very close friends with him, and Callahan has been been breaking down game film of USC since HE GOT HERE. Callahan has an excellent track record when he has had more than one week to prepare. Well ladies and gentleman, he has been preparing for this game for three years.

This might start a firestorm, but here it goes.

That is irresponsible. Maybe if he would have spent less time worrying about USC, NU would not have lost to S Miss, or had Texas Tech drop 70 on us, or have allowed Brad Smith put up 480+ yards, or have been humiliated by Kansas.

Just one man's opinion.

Maybe that each year should be judged on its own merit.

IMO we didnt have the team last year that we do this year. So the points scored on us by several teams might have been a lack of experienced talent and depth rather than a lack of preperation.

There are many variables to winning a game coaching is one obviously, having the horses to run with is another.

I agree with most of what you said, but I find this paragraph to be interesting-

3.) Bill Callahan idolicizes what USC has done and wants to beat them more than any other team. This is THE game for him. I know someone who is very close friends with him, and Callahan has been been breaking down game film of USC since HE GOT HERE. Callahan has an excellent track record when he has had more than one week to prepare. Well ladies and gentleman, he has been preparing for this game for three years.

This might start a firestorm, but here it goes.

That is irresponsible. Maybe if he would have spent less time worrying about USC, NU would not have lost to S Miss, or had Texas Tech drop 70 on us, or have allowed Brad Smith put up 480+ yards, or have been humiliated by Kansas.

Just one man's opinion.

bit of a reach there don't you think?

I am so tired of this arguement and reading about how good USC is. The fact is that no matter how much talent USC has, they can only play 11 at a time and in case anyone hasn't noticed we have gotten better every year under Callahan and our own talent pool has increased every year as well. There is a reason why teams don't stay on top forever, it's because other teams catch up to them.

Win or lose I can see where our program is heading and I'm pretty damn excited. I think we can win and I'll be at the coliseum cheering my head off, just in case we do!