WE CAN WIN--LOOK CLOSE

KIRBY

I know others have watched the USC/Ark game and made comments so here are mine. After looking at the box score something glaringly stands out. 5 five turnovers. Look at the touchdown drives for USC 3, 28, 80, 73, 31, and 26 yards. 4 of the 6 were under 35 yards. Also 2 FG's drives were under 30 yds as well. USC had 0 zero turnovers. If we don't turn the ball over or if the turn overs are equal, we win. Taylor plays smart ball and understands how to manage a game. :)

We have a better chance than what everybody is giving us. The fact is, they don't have Bush or Leinhart. Granted, they have been top 5 in recruiting the last few years and they are stacked. But, replacing both of them is down grading no matter how you look at it. We got a chance. The front seven need to pin their ears back go get some Booty.

Come on guys this is one bad to the bone rushing attack.. No where did the Roster of USC running back produce what Bush or White did... I see no reason why our D should have a little fun against them... The only thing i am worried about is our Offense.. If it plays good it will be a fun night..

CAR YDS YPC LONG TD

Emmanuel Moody 7 58 8.3 24 1

Chauncey Washington 8 55 6.9 16 0

C.J. Gable 12 51 4.3 11 1

Allen Bradford 5 13 2.6 8 1

Ryan Powdrell 2 9 4.5 5 0

Desmond Reed 4 7 1.8 5 0

John David Booty 3 2 0.7 11 0

Mark Sanchez 1 -3 -3.0 0 0

Totals 42 192 4.6 24 3

Come on guys this is one bad to the bone rushing attack.. No where did the Roster of USC running back produce what Bush or White did... I see no reason why our D should have a little fun against them... The only thing i am worried about is our Offense.. If it plays good it will be a fun night..

CAR YDS YPC LONG TD

Emmanuel Moody 7 58 8.3 24 1

Chauncey Washington 8 55 6.9 16 0

C.J. Gable 12 51 4.3 11 1

Allen Bradford 5 13 2.6 8 1

Ryan Powdrell 2 9 4.5 5 0

Desmond Reed 4 7 1.8 5 0

John David Booty 3 2 0.7 11 0

Mark Sanchez 1 -3 -3.0 0 0

Totals 42 192 4.6 24 3

The front D-line should shut it down, if they get penetration the mojo could swing the red way!!!!!!!!!!!!God I love football! If yoiu see a fat guy in a red hat drunk on dodge street cheering GoBig Red! That means we won! :lol:

Our offense and defense has been really PLAIN JANE in the first two games.Weather are not the USC coaching staff understand that will decide the out come of the game. I think we take the lead into halftime and hope Bill has a totally diffirent game plan for the second half.USC makes great adjustments at the half and the Big Red needs to counter those in the second half.I think its going to be a battle of the brains. The talent level is there for the Huskers,lets just hope they get it done.

i am skeptical of the talent level being equal.....they have a lot of very fast players and we will not see a faster overall team all year.........speed kills, both on defense and offense.......cally will have to out coach Caroll if we are to win..a tall order indeed......especially playing in their house..........GBR!

hunter

Why doesn't anybody outside of Nebraska think we can win this game? Why are we 19pt under dogs? It just blows me away! Granted SC has been pretty dominant at home the last couple of years, but they have never been as vulnerable as they are now! They have a QB making only his 2nd start, they have no established RB (washington is questionable), they play a 3-4 defense and their starting nose tackle (luther ellis) is out for this game. Their starting safety is out for the season (pinkard) and is being replaced by 2 freshman, one of which has a hyper extended knee and is questionable (ellison). Their starting corner and middle LB are doubtful (thomas & lua), and over 90% of last years offense has moved to the NFL.

We have a damn good football team and I think were going to prove it to every one Saturday night!

Why doesn't anybody outside of Nebraska think we can win this game? Why are we 19pt under dogs? It just blows me away! Granted SC has been pretty dominant at home the last couple of years, but they have never been as vulnerable as they are now! They have a QB making only his 2nd start, they have no established RB (washington is questionable), they play a 3-4 defense and their starting nose tackle (luther ellis) is out for this game. Their starting safety is out for the season (pinkard) and is being replaced by 2 freshman, one of which has a hyper extended knee and is questionable (ellison). Their starting corner and middle LB are doubtful (thomas & lua), and over 90% of last years offense has moved to the NFL.

We have a damn good football team and I think were going to prove it to every one Saturday night!

Because people believe the ESPN hype. They're too lazy to look behind our latest wins.

They point out Missouri and Kansas and think we're the same team.

They still think we're the caliber of our 5-6 team.

History? For all the excitement, the 'skers are still a work in progress. We will see how much progress on Saturday. I think we're better than most realize, and even better, we're going in the right direction.

I know others have watched the USC/Ark game and made comments so here are mine.  After looking at the box score something glaringly stands out.  5 five turnovers.  Look at the touchdown drives for USC 3, 28, 80, 73, 31, and 26 yards.  4 of the 6 were under 35 yards.  Also 2 FG's drives were under 30 yds as well.  USC had 0 zero turnovers.  If we don't turn the ball over or if the turn overs are equal, we win.  Taylor plays smart ball and understands how to manage a game.  :)

I see what you're saying. Those are good points, I didnt know about the short scoring drives.

My thing is this... Its not extremely significant how much talent (see Texas as an example) you have on your team, or if you have a so-called "super coach". The USC quarterback has one start behind him. And that's all. It's been two weeks since then. Taylor struggled in the beginning, I believe he said he was trying to not make mistakes as opposed to this year he feels he can make plays. Heck, even Vince Young struggled in the beginning. The pressure will be there. The defense will be blitzing to shake him up. We havent seen it yet and I believe there is a reason for that. If the Blackshirts do a good job at it, he will feel the pressure which can cause any inexperienced QB to make mistakes.

I like our chances very much b/c their QB doesnt have that experience. You just dont win with myth and hype. You have to do it on the field consistanlty.

As for the predictions that Eric put out there, I chose Nebraska to win this game. I still stand behind that pick. Even though this game makes me more nervous the closer kickoff gets. GBR!!!

:restore