Where is Cody Glenn???

BigRedRick

As much as I like Cody as a shot yardage guy, I just don't know if he has the speed or moves to be an every down guy, like Lucky, Wilson, or Jackson for that matter. Still was surprised that he didn't get in for more than two plays, and no carries. IMO, Lucky and Wilson are the guys from now on, and will see the field the most.

How can people judge Glenn's speed when he runs strictly between tackles and doesnt hardly get sweeps and tosses like the rest. When he was given the same play selection as the other 3 against La. Tech he picked up 3 consecutive first downs...he has plenty of speed...and will hurt people when they get in his way...also...if he was to fumble a ball, he wont lay on the ground...acting as though his hand his hurt. He has fumbled one time since being at NU, got the first down and didnt lose the ball.

Glenn had to have been hurt...OR SAVED in my opinion. Didnt see Purify, Herian (too much).. Swift...hardly anyone that usually gets touches.

Callahan didnt play to win, he played not to get embarrased.

Watching the first half again, Marlon didn't have that great of a game. There were some alleys to run that he missed. He ran a bit like when he was a freshman.

Both backs would have had better luck if they focused on running north and south, especially against a speedy defense. Get up field and get there now.

I'm lost on this one. Hate to see such a big stong back stand on the side line all night. Just curious, has he lost the ball on any run since he has been playing for Nebraska? How many times has he failed to pick up positive yards on a carry? What would be an explanation for him not getting to carry the ball. This is the 2nd week that he has stood on the sideline for most of the game. Didn't he come out on the depth chart as co #1 running back at the beggining of the year? What would he have done since game 1 where he led the team in rushing, to not playing at all?

Just curious!

something is going on here.....he seems to be in cally's doghouse....if this kid doesn't get to play more, he could easily walk and go somewhere else.....he is a legtimate back, even more so than Wilson.......something stinks here folks and i think it comes to a head pretty soon.....

:yeah I think we will be hearing about this very soon. Maybe he was brought along for an emergency but really "suspended" for this game?

I think I agree. Against that front 7, the only he WOULDN'T get carries was if he was held out for disciplinary reasons. Grades, maybe?

Unless it's real serious, Cally keeps disciplinary things under wraps.

Seems like the Husker staff has missed the boat on this young man. Cody Glenn is a player who "carries his pads well"(coachism). I'll take a 4.5 forty kid with heart, determination, a good motor, who makes few mistakes and loves collisions over one that is timid and won't stick his nose in the hole or tends to not protect the ball, but can run a 4.3.

I'll guarantee you one thing......Cody didn't come to Nebraska to be played sparingly. There's no reason to "save" an athlete with his abilities either.

Has Cody not produced between the 20-yd. lines? He is NOT just a short ydg. back. For some reason, many equate his abilities and size to only being a short ydg. back. NOTHING could be farther from the truth.

Has a ball been thrown to him yet? How can you say his hands are suspect then?

How many schools would DIE for a kid of his talent, character, and toughness?

I absolutely know that Cody Glenn should be the Huskers' BELL COW!!!

Hmmm......Leading rusher in Spring Game

................Leading rusher in 1st Game

................2 TD's in VERY LIMITED action in 2nd Game

................Does not fumble

................Most hard-nosed back on team

I GUESS I WOULDN'T PLAY HIM EITHER (sarcasm)

***I just wonder what direction UT's football team would have taken had Earl Campbell only been used as a short yardage back.......and, no, he wasn't the fastest back of all time either!

Given the amount of running we did, I was very surprised not to see Glenn in there on 3rd and short. This area of play calling was poor. Would have preferred Glenn over the pitches that were stuffed. I was at the game and kept telling USC fans about Glenn and that we'd see him on tough yard plays. Very frustrated that he saw little to no action especially after we pounded it so many times, Glenn could have done some damage. I will be very upset if we lose him, especially to another Big 12 school.