Game Plan

I thought Billy C was playing not to lose. I was appalled by the fact that he keeps on defending his plan, that he had a plan to win. Well, hello, if the plan don't work you must switch and give the guys a chance to compete. Our boys did not get a chance to compete. The way I see it, this will be another mediocre 8-4 season

unfortunately........you could be right

This is why we ran the friggin ball.

From the LA Times:

“On a clear and breezy night before a crowd bathed in USC cardinal and pockets of Nebraska red, the Trojans were unable to uncork the trademark scoring sprees that typified USC teams of the previous three-plus seasons.”

And if we made the damn plays we were suppose to, we could have won.

From the LA Times:

“On a clear and breezy night before a crowd bathed in USC cardinal and pockets of Nebraska red, the Trojans were unable to uncork the trademark scoring sprees that typified USC teams of the previous three-plus seasons.”

:yeah

Is that the 8th or 9th time you have posted it?

:rollin:rollin

From the LA Times:

:yeah

Is that the 8th or 9th time you have posted it?

:rollin:rollin

28th time :steam

Dang, people saying that gameplan was set up not to get blown out are either retarded or ignorant. The score in the FOURTH QUARTER was 21-10. Texas was down to USC 38-26 with 6 minutes left to play in the 4th last year, but the difference was that Texas got some defensive stops and was able to score to win the game. When we got down 21-3, the offense started to open up and we started to move the ball, but it was pretty easy to see that our momentum really dropped when Lucky fumbled the ball and they scored on a short field. We get a stop after we make it 21-10 and we have a chance to win that game. The gameplan up to then was to limit USC's posessions and that worked very well. And if you think that penalties didn't kill us you're mistaken also, because our penalties took away 1st downs and gave them 1st downs, their penalties simply pushed them back and they were able to overcome them. They stopped us on 4th down, they converted turnovers into points. Had we stopped the 3rd and 20 or gotten one of the 2 INT chances we had, the outcome could have been much more favorable.

If anybody could honestly say that our talent was on par w/USC's they're drunk or stoned as well. Even though their secondary was depleted, their front 4 handled our offensive line with ease and basically made it possible for USC to put 4 DB's and 3 fast, talented LB's into pass coverage. That was basically the reason that of the 21 pass attempts (I know Zac was 8-16, but he dropped to pass 21 times), 5 were not even attempted because Zac was running for his life or getting sacked, and even some of the completions he made were scramble attempts. And their receivers were greatly superior to the players we had in pass coverage, no matter what the scheme.

Say what you want about the gameplan, but every coach in the country would take the choice of walking into the Coliseum, holding USC to 28 points total and still being in a position to win in the 4th quarter. Fact is, USC made the plays, NU didn't. But NU proved they at least deserve to be on the same field as possibly the best team in the country.

But let's quit beating the dead horse and beat the hell out of Troy tomorrow!

Seemed to me, Callahan didn't think we could win, so he called a "Vanilla" gameplan so as not to show the rest of our opponents (Troy?) what we could do.

Either that, or like NFL games, it was fixed...We were 18 point underdogs, and we lost by..what..18?

You'd think a head coach would have more of a "Heart of a champion", but it's not aparent here.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's not that interested in an undefeated season..Just coast on and try to win more than you loose.

(Works in the NFL)

I wouldn't have been that much more upset with a blowout if I thought it was our best effort..There's just no honor in not giving it your all..The Seniors deserve better than that from the coaching staff.

I can almost see not wanting to get into a shooting match with USC, but with the new "clock rules" costing each team two or three possesions/game, You really don't have time to try to lull the other team to sleep with innefective play calling.

1st, I was dissapointed in the phasing out of our Walk on program, but this season, I felt like I'd try to support Callahan more than I had before...Now..I'm starting to have 3rd thoughts.

Email from a former teamate living out here in AZ:

I was extremely dissapointed that he didn't let the guys compete and maybe he thought USC was just too good and that was the only way to even keep it close.  Regardless, I think a little more play action passing would have helped to open up the running game and at least keep those $&*# linebackers out of the line of scrimmage!! 

I mean to pass to your tight end once all nite, and that was a downfiled pass at that, is ludicrous.  And speaking of ludicrous,  how about putting your corners in man coverage inside our 25.  Come on, I don't care if they are the best cover guys in the world,  5'9" against 6'5" and an All-American at that and you will get torched every time.  Could not understand why they didn't double cover or at least zone it up a bit to help out.  Not impressed with the coaching at all that game.

<_<

Soooo..

Are we willing to give Callahan as much time as we gave Dr. Tom?

I'd hate to see us become a place that fires their coaches every 5 years, but what kind of indication are we getting from BC that he intends to stay and Win?

I know, I know..there's more important things than Husker Feetball....

I just :dumdum might have to get a life!! :dumdum:rant

Seemed to me, Callahan didn't think we could win, so he called a "Vanilla" gameplan so as not to show the rest of our opponents (Troy?) what we could do.

Either that, or like NFL games, it was fixed...We were 18 point underdogs, and we lost by..what..18?

You'd think a head coach would have more of a "Heart of a champion", but it's not aparent here.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's not that interested in an undefeated season..Just coast on and try to win more than you loose.

(Works in the NFL)

I wouldn't have been that much more upset with a blowout if I thought it was our best effort..There's just no honor in not giving it your all..The Seniors deserve better than that from the coaching staff.

I can almost see not wanting to get into a shooting match with USC, but with the new "clock rules" costing each team two or three possesions/game, You really don't have time to try to lull the other team to sleep with innefective play calling.

1st, I was dissapointed in the phasing out of our Walk on program, but this season, I felt like I'd try to support Callahan more than I had before...Now..I'm starting to have 3rd thoughts.

Email from a former teamate living out here in AZ:

I was extremely dissapointed that he didn't let the guys compete and maybe he thought USC was just too good and that was the only way to even keep it close.  Regardless, I think a little more play action passing would have helped to open up the running game and at least keep those $&*# linebackers out of the line of scrimmage!! 

I mean to pass to your tight end once all nite, and that was a downfiled pass at that, is ludicrous.  And speaking of ludicrous,  how about putting your corners in man coverage inside our 25.  Come on, I don't care if they are the best cover guys in the world,  5'9" against 6'5" and an All-American at that and you will get torched every time.  Could not understand why they didn't double cover or at least zone it up a bit to help out.  Not impressed with the coaching at all that game.

<_<

Soooo..

Are we willing to give Callahan as much time as we gave Dr. Tom?

I'd hate to see us become a place that fires their coaches every 5 years, but what kind of indication are we getting from BC that he intends to stay and Win?

I know, I know..there's more important things than Husker Feetball....

I just :dumdum might have to get a life!! :dumdum:rant

if callahan is stupid enough to think coaching this team to 2 or less losses every year IS NOT important he is a damn fool! there is probably just as much if not more pressure here, than there was with the Raiders....gawd what a sorry bunch Al Davis has got, mostly because he is a dumb ass.......

hunter

This madness will never end as long as the mindset is that we should always be 12-0 or 13-0 and wearing BCS Championship rings on January 3rd.

If we come out of this season with only 3 losses I'll be satisfied with what the coaching staff has accomplished and look forward to even better results next year.

Are you frippen crazy? WE ARE NEBRASKA, we should not, nor will we ever lose. It is not the American Way. Just as soon as we get Frankie back we will be back to our winning ways. God forbid we move forward into the real world of college football, you know they just invented the forward pass. We sure don't want to do anything to sudden.

Sounds a little stupid I know, but certainly not anymore so than railing on the same old thing day after day after day after day.

The game is over, we lost. So be it. Get off the coaches back as when you are you are taking away the trust they have in him. You are questioning their reasoning and dedication. Let's finish this season on a positive front, for both sides of the team.

No one likes losing, but it happens. Notre Dame ring any bells? We may have lost to the best team in the country, but we won't know that until the games are played. Let's support our team and coaches and realize we got beat by a better team. Move on to the next game.

Some please lock these negative, regurgative posts and move on to something positive please!!!.