LJS: Glenn confused by lack of carries

Make sure DJR doesn't read that - he thinks I despise all of the other backs and it might shock him to know that he hasn't been 100% correct in his judgment of me.

I realize you show favoritism for one back, but I have only judged you based on your extremely harsh criticism for Lucky for no apparent reason other than the fact that he was highly touted.

I too think Kenny Wilson should get more playing time as well, and probably will. I would like to see how he works and all facets of the game. He provides an added dimension with his speed.

Kenny may well end up being the man in the backfield this season and if he proves that enough consistently, then that's what is best for the Husker team.

:yeah What's best for the TEAM.

In all fairness, I dogged on Lucky mainly this week because of the 3rd quarter fumble. I thought that was a pretty big deal. I just think the margin for error should be pretty low when there is a serious competition going on at the RB spot. Should Lucky get another chance? Sure. Should he start and get the majority of the carries in the Troy game? I personally don't think so but I'm not on the staff.

People keep saying to trust this all mighty staff so I'm going to try and do that on this Saturday.

We'll see what they come up with.......

dedhoarse We have just about done this, that is beat a deadhorse to death. I will say it again I am prejudice toward Cody but also have enough judgement to say if 1.9 yards per carry is the Husker coaches idea of a success then Husker fans are in more trouble than worrying about Cody not playing. Since I am a Husker fan, mainly because Cody is playing there, I hope he plays more since I am paying 29.95 tomorrow to watch Nebraska play. Let him play and if fails than we will all shut up and disappear, but until then, prove us wrong. But like W.E. says the coaches make the big bucks for deciding who plays. Just two more cents worth if Cody is given the chance and he fails I will kiss all of your butts on the courthouse square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd.

Coach Hassell,

It looks like this writer is ready to put your suggestion regarding Glenn to the real test. It's time to decide - will Hassell be kissing butts anytime soon? I don't expect Glenn to let you down. Whether you like Glenn or not, this sounds like a reasonable strategy for attacking Troy.

Husker to Watch: Cody Glenn

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Sep 22, 2006 - 11:36:59 pm CDT

No. 34 Cody Glenn, 6-0, 230, I-back

Let’s see. Troy has a relatively small but quick defense, and its starting middle linebacker is out with an injury.

Florida State had trouble running around the edges against the Trojans.

So, NU might try to attack on the ground between the tackles today. That could mean significant action for Glenn, the biggest and strongest of the four I-backs.

As was the case last week against Southern California, it might make sense for Nebraska to again feature its running game to help chew up time and keep Troy’s spread offense off the field.

Although Glenn received no carries against USC, look for him to be a factor today. Nebraska coach Bill Callahan said Husker coaches remain confident in Glenn, who had carried 24 times for 135 yards and three touchdowns in the first two games.

After averaging 80 plays in the first two games, Nebraska ran only 53 against USC — which helps explain why Glenn didn’t receive any carries, Callahan said.

Glenn said he plans to keep pushing hard in practice.

“I work hard every time we’re out here,” he said. “I never take a play off. That’s not me. I’m going to continue to practice the way I practice, and whatever happens, happens.”

Hey CodyGlenn34theRuskSensation, you are going to make people think i am a coach and worse yet I was Cody's coach. I read the article you posted said NU would pound the middle today I guess that is only thing #34 is good for. Am I senile or did Cody make 4 first downs in a row on plays to the outside against La. Tech. maybe I was watching a different game. I think the problem here is we have faced the enemy and it is us. Well I have got to go sharpen my Husquvarna, so in case Cody doesn't get to play I can cut some firewood. Kick some rearend today Blackshirts.

I hear ya Coach Hassell. We know what Cody can do. Let's show 'em C-Train!

Let's hope for a good game for all the backs and the entire Husker team.

Well, I'm off to the sports bar so I'll have plenty of time to get a good seat to watch tonight's game on PPV. Gotta love that no cover charge and waitresses bringing you food and beverages throughout the game. Sure hope there will be some cuties working tonight.

Go Huskers!