Reasons KU Can Win this Saturday!!

JGS30

Here are my keys to the game (and reasons KU has a chance to win).

On offense:

1. Our running game matches up pretty well with your rush defense. It's not like you've consistently shut anyone down in that aspect of the game. We have the #15 rusher in the nation and he's yet to have a big game.

2. We've shown great balance in our offense and, if proper game-planned, NU will have an issue focusing on one area of our game to shut down.

3. Our receivers match up very well with your CBs and have truly started to assert themselves in this offense.

So, on offense I just don't see NU completely shutting us down. I definitely see us scoring enough on Saturday night.

On defense:

1. Our rush defense has done a fabulous job so far based on the new LB corps and they definitely have a more than legitimate shot at holding NU to some long yardage situations.

2. Our secondary is just beginning to show its true colors. You won't throw on Talib. Our other CB is talented but raw and its hard to say how he'll do. Our nickel package has been on the field alot this season since two of the players started the first two games. Our safeties are getting better with each game and we have some great depth and athleticism back there. Don't assume NU is going to torch our secondary or our LBs with your short/long passing game.

3. If history is any judge, I wouldn't be surprised to see KU throw quite a few rush/blitz packages at NU that we haven't seen this year. We did it last year in our game vs. TT (very successfully) and again vs. NU. One of our best pass rushers returns this week.

I understand that NU isn't the same team as last year, but that doesn't really matter. We are much closer to, if not better, the team we put on the field last year. I'm certainly thinking we'll have our hands full and there's a good chance we lose. But, don't think we can't hang with your boys and don't think our boys/coaches will lay down for you. It will be a dogfight.

One more thing, I can't wait to hit the bars in Lincoln. I had a blast two years ago!!

Let the games begin! :cheers

I'm glad to see a good non-trashtalking message from an opponent's fan. Good substance, but I agree with DJR313, there are a lot of ifs and the biggest difference between this year and last is our O-Line. Your blitzing success last year was predicated on the truth that we were heavily reliant on the passing game. We now have the ability to run and pass which should make it much tougher for you guys to blitz effectively without giving up some big plays. Your secondary will have trouble, not as much with our WR's as with our TE's (another improvement over last year). Have fun in Lincoln.

there is no way KU runs the ball against us. I think we will totally focus on shutting that down and we will, just like the usc game. now before you point out USC had 140+ yards on the ground remember that 63 of that on the last drive, after the game was over for us. take that away you have under 80 yards on 23 attempts for aroun 3 per carry. to win you will have to pass, and shut us down. could it happen? sure, but it doesn't look good for KU

Nice to hear from you again Jgs30. You actualy posted something intelligent and interesting. I guess I will have to give you a break :) I guess for me the only question left is who will start at QB? I think however that Mark "It's my Thyroid" Mangino, would have to be crazy to start the kid a saw play against(hell I don't remember.) What is he a TRUE freshman? Night game at memorial? Don't think so Mangino is fat, but I don't think he is stupid. Your corner is the real deal he's like 6"2 220 good NFL size corner, but there is only one of him. Huskers get mojo going early, and clip the wings of the hawks. :bonez

1 -Only USC and Nicholls State have managed to get even close to 100 yards. And Nicholls only threw 3 passes,so probly not a good game to even use in any stat book. Cornish is a good back, but I dont feel that he is a dominant one.

2- As far as balance goes, yeah, KU does have a pretty even play selection between run and pass. That said, The QBs do have 7INTs to 6TDs. I fully expect to see the blackshirtsfocus on taking away the run, and forcing the KU offense into 3rd and long.

3- Our DBs are going to get picked on by everyone, but are not as bad as many want to make out.

1- While your run defense has held up so far, NU has bigger and faster backs than KU has faced so far. The ability to rotate fresh backs in is also something that hasnt been faced as of yet. And KU has given up over 100 yards to both toledo and UCF.

2- Talib is a very good CB, but one man can only do so much. The WCO isnt about torching defenses, it is about finding a mismatch. And if the running game gets working, and I have no doubts thta it will, the LBs cant sell out to the pass, making for mismatches.

3- The pass rush could very well be negated(we did a decent job of that vs USC), with heavy rushing, and various screens and shuttle passes. While the olins may still be our weakest link on offense, the protection has been alot better this year.

The game may start as a dogfight, but I clearly see this as getting out of hand for KU, quite possibly before halftime. I do not expect KU to lay down, but we are a better team.

• Plus1 1

I wouldnt worry about the guy that put the reason on why KU will be a match up. NU didnt have a great game against USC. We could of done a whole hell of a lot better if you ask me. KU will come out swinging in the first quarter but will be slapped down by the very talanted blackshirt defense. Our front seven is probally one of the best in the country, they proved that against USC. Our secondary didnt do too bad last game, in fact they had a great game. I know, it was against Troy but Troy took Flarida ST, and GT into the 4th quarter. Troys players said that Nebraska's players were hands down better than any thad had seen this season. Im looking forward to drinking beer and eating a party sub from subway and watching NU putting the smack down on Manchild. Do you think he Mangino likes subway?