Defense is a paper tiger

Yeah, I thought the defense, which many thought was the strength of this team, was rather porous. We couldn't do anything to stop them...in fact Kansas pretty much stopped themselves. I'm glad we won...but it sure doesn't feel like we did. Kansas offensive line must be pretty good, because the only way we could get pressure on their QB was by blitzing.

I agree somewhat here. I think people on this board have been a little afraid to say this so far this year, but our front seven is NOT as good as was predicted. How many sacks have we had this year? Tackles for a loss? It's not that great, and we almost never get to the QB when only rushing four lineman, which is essential IMO.

Hopefully they can figure something out, maybe change the gameplan a little?

I agree somewhat here. I think people on this board have been a little afraid to say this so far this year, but our front seven is NOT as good as was predicted. How many sacks have we had this year? Tackles for a loss? It's not that great, and we almost never get to the QB when only rushing four lineman, which is essential IMO.

Hopefully they can figure something out, maybe change the gameplan a little?

Well when you got a CB that couldn't play that position on a Jr College team and a safety that has been moved around in different positions like a pinball....you can pressure the QB all day but until you can leave our DB's one on one with a WR and get the coverage you need, it's going to be like this!

I agree. It's 5 games into the season. The "D" is not living up to the hype. I am so glad we won and didnt have any doubts. As for the D-fense, the linebackers (especially) have not impressed me much. They look a lot faster and more athletic on paper. Bradley & Ruud look slow. Carriker is not getting penetration. Grixby gets burned down field every game & is good for one pass interference call as well. I am not saying the D-fense is terrible (although Grixby should not start Div I football). I am saying they are good, they are not great.

I agree. It's 5 games into the season. The "D" is not living up to the hype. I am so glad we won and didnt have any doubts. As for the D-fense, the linebackers (especially) have not impressed me much. They look a lot faster and more athletic on paper. Bradley & Ruud look slow. Carriker is not getting penetration. Grixby gets burned down field every game & is good for one pass interference call as well. I am not saying the D-fense is terrible (although Grixby should not start Div I football). I am saying they are good, they are not great.

But...if you noticed, Kansas was using thier RB alot to block on the side of Carriker. I noticed he was getting double teamed from the OL too. For the rest of your post, I totally agree!!!

I really think Grixby will be limited to nickel duty by the end of the season. If he's the best we have, then so be it, but I hope he's not.

On one of the last OT drives for KU I did notice that Jones got beat but he had enough sense to atleast turn around and bat the ball away. I don't think Grixby has done that in two years so far!

Remember that one play where the KU player caught the ball and Shanle was late getting there and ran past the player with his head down? What was that all about? He wasn't even looking for the ball and then just ran out of bounds while the KU player fought for extra yards. The commentators called him out on that.

watching the post game PC, callahan said that they audibled out of a lot of blitzes. that may explain the lack of blitzes tonight.

i don't think we're a bad front 7, but there is more than enough room for improvement.

THERE SHOULD BE NO BLACKSHIRTS IN ANY LOCKERS TOMORROW AFTERNOON FOR PRACTICE. PERIOD, END OF STATEMENT.