How good do you think we'd be....

Well, unfortunately, I don't think we'd be very good at all. He's a good D Coord., but I don't think he would have gotten along very well with the current staff. Anyone think there might be some egos collide between him and BC? I think there would be dissention on the staff that would trickle down to the players.

In order for a staff to be cohesive, everyone has to be on the same page. I just can't see Pelini and the current staff getting along very well. Maybe I'm wrong, but Pelini struck me as a coach willing to go out on his own limb. IMO, he wouldn't have worked well with the current staff. However after saying that, I guess F**kin Hillbillies and scolding Bill Snyder may have worked out better than I think.

to many intangibles to figure before you can even think about what the defense would be like under pelini. its really a moot point. i could go find 5 people that would say pelini would have a top 5 defense then turn around and find 5 more who would say we would be worse off. and because i like talking to people i could find 5 more that would say it would be about the same. alot of the answers you would get would be based on personal opinion of pelini, and he seems to have a love hate type relationship with husker fans nowadays.

Well, unfortunately, I don't think we'd be very good at all. He's a good D Coord., but I don't think he would have gotten along very well with the current staff. Anyone think there might be some egos collide between him and BC? I think there would be dissention on the staff that would trickle down to the players.

In order for a staff to be cohesive, everyone has to be on the same page. I just can't see Pelini and the current staff getting along very well. Maybe I'm wrong, but Pelini struck me as a coach willing to go out on his own limb. IMO, he wouldn't have worked well with the current staff. However after saying that, I guess F**kin Hillbillies and scolding Bill Snyder may have worked out better than I think.

good point, im just lookiing at the way his LSU d is playing, and wishing we could be playing like that....

good point, im just lookiing at the way his LSU d is playing, and wishing we could be playing like that....

our d would be that good with nick saban's recruits too.

I think our D would be pretty good. As for the cohesiveness with the current staff, I don't think it would gel. The year he was D coordinater we caused like 48 turnovers. The team showed remarkable improvement that year, but the O still sucked. We lost to 3 teams that year, all by a large margin. A feat that has since been accomplished by the current staff minus texas (we will see in a few weeks). I feel if the D would have had a little help from the O the games would have been closer. When he coached the team in the Alamo Bowl, I thought the team overachieved, played helluva D and ran the ball.

Hell, 8 out of 11 starters on D are pre BC. Whether or not that is a good thing or not I donno. It obviously means he hasn't brought in talent that is better than the current players at this point.

It's a moot point now, but Coz just hasn't gotten it done yet. Way too inconsistent.

I think our D would be pretty good. As for the cohesiveness with the current staff, I don't think it would gel. The year he was D coordinater we caused like 48 turnovers. The team showed remarkable improvement that year, but the O still sucked. We lost to 3 teams that year, all by a large margin. A feat that has since been accomplished by the current staff minus texas (we will see in a few weeks). I feel if the D would have had a little help from the O the games would have been closer. When he coached the team in the Alamo Bowl, I thought the team overachieved, played helluva D and ran the ball.

Hell, 8 out of 11 starters on D are pre BC. Whether or not that is a good thing or not I donno. It obviously means he hasn't brought in talent that is better than the current players at this point.

It's a moot point now, but Coz just hasn't gotten it done yet. Way too inconsistent.

again, excellent post....i agree with alot of your points in there.......

just one of those things i had to ask for the sake of doing so...